Problems tightening chain.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03yamwarrior

Reaction score
Hey guys I searched on here how to tighten chain and you guys said loosen the two bolts above the swinger skid plate and and loosen the other two facing sideways next to them. Well I loosened the sideways ones and there is only one bolt above the swinger the other one is gone. And it still won't move! I'll post a pic to see what you guys think. Maybe take a link out?

6a8enuja.jpg

The back with one bolt missing..
8yhe9ade.jpg

The chain..
erynyseg.jpg

Lifted the chain up to show how much play... sorry guys for the bother.
And yeah she needs a good cleaning

No I did not. Didn't even think about that. Thank you! I'll go try it in a few minutes!

you are missing the bolt and the bottom chain roller. could be part of why you are having problems

The back bolts that you are missing one of is what actually adjusts the chain. You can either just buy a matching nut and bolt to replace it or Ive actually have some Id send you for the cost of shipping. Then theres a bolt on top and bottom of the carrier that need to be loosened before you turn the adjusting bolts. You might want to pressure wash it though so 1 you can see it moving and incase you need to use some penetrating oil.

Thanks guys! I got it! Now I can ride without worrying about it slipping off!

Back