Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jareddd96

Reaction score
my raptor will idle with choke on for a while but runs really crappy without choke and cuts off when i give it throttle.. could this be due to gas sitting in there for 4+ months?

Yeah, with this shitty modern fuel you can't let something sit that long without running it, especially if you don't have fuel stabilizer in it. Especially with fuel that has ethanol in it, it'll gum up and make a mess out of the carb. You're going to have to take it apart and clean it good, probably have jets and ports blocked up.

with the new fuel in 30 days it is going bad....and thats the actual facts....

Do you think if you got some of that carb cleaner that you mix with your gas would work?

Tyler said:
Do you think if you got some of that carb cleaner that you mix with your gas would work?

i would say its no. if its not running without choke now, putting fresh gas with carb cleaner additive wont do much good. the crap built up in the carb needs to cleaned out manually. now if it was spitting a little or a rough idle, it might be worth it to run a bottle through the gas.

Ya because mine is sputtering at about 3/4 throttle but its fine before that and full throttle.

well drained gas threw some 89 octane gas in there ran a lot better and i actually got to ride it for a little then bogged.. time to clean the carb!

Try some of That carb cleaner that you mix with your gas first, I want to see how good that stuff works.

well ran that carb cleaner.. didnt help.. took it all apart cleaned it up then noticed the black piece (pictured below) that holds the needle was stuck up.. noticed it had some wear on the edges maybe from deterioration due to old gas. filed it a little so it slides up and down better seemed to fix the problem..
get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

also at idle the quad sounds like it skips and almost like a backfire near the carb i covered the snorkel hole and it ran fine.. if i jet it will that help?

jareddd96 said:
well ran that carb cleaner.. didnt help.. took it all apart cleaned it up then noticed the black piece (pictured below) that holds the needle was stuck up.. noticed it had some wear on the edges maybe from deterioration due to old gas. filed it a little so it slides up and down better seemed to fix the problem..
get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

also at idle the quad sounds like it skips and almost like a backfire near the carb i covered the snorkel hole and it ran fine.. if i jet it will that help?

sure the pilot jet is clean? they can be a pita to clean (lots of tiny holes). I usually just let then sit in nail polish remover overnight then in the morning blow it out with compressed air.

I know exactly what your talking about when it is at an idle mine is doing the exact same thing but i need to clean my carb pretty bad anyways...

Yep think you and me both have our carb problems solved! When i clean mine out and everything im going to replace that acc pump spring with the spring out of a pin and tell how it works out.

Idk everyone says its really simple and easy and its worth doing so im just going to give it a shot. I dont really know much about the mod.

Back