problem with my 03

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santinod15

Reaction score
ok, so i bought my 03 warrior and the next day go riding with it for the first time. we have to cross this creek/river thing and while going across i get a little stuck and the current starts pushing me over and the bike stalls and gets stuck...long story short. we get me pulled put and the airbox is full of water bike wont start etc...we drain the airbox, ring out the filter, drain the water out of the carb and clean everything up quick. we get it running just perfectly fine. so i ride for about an hour or 2 heading back to the trucks (the oil looked alrite) and load her up and go home. it was late and i worked the next day (for 24 hours) so today i go to do the oil changed and **** and it doesnt wanna run worth a ****. i did the oil change and cleaned and oiled the filter. and its running very very rich now. gassy smelling exhaust and a little black smoke. it wont rev past 1/4 throttle and it bogs out. its not idleing great...will idle alrite tho. umm thats it i think? we also changed the plug this morning. well any suggestions please thanks

after 2 full days that could still be causing problems? one of my friends suggested taking the carb off and making sure nothings in it (ie: water, sand, gunk)

i bet there is trash in your carb, take it apart and give it a good cleaning, your lucky it runs.

ok, i forgot to mention i also changed the plug yesterday cuz my boy pulled out the original plug and it was all dirty and ****. wen i went to teh auto parts store they cross referenced the plug and gave me a NGK D8EA not the DR8EA. supposedly the only difference was that it didnt have the resistor. now would this cause problems with the CDI and cause it to not be able to run up on throttle. also cause it to run rich with some black smoke?

You still have your parking brake? If so, check the perch. Push the parking brake back in, and try it again.

yea deff check the parking brake like Storydude said those stupid things cause more problems then they are good, and if thats what it is you should buy a parking brake block off and a aftermarket perch so it dosent happen again. If that dosent work go to your carb like your friends said and give it a good cleaning dubble check the jets make sure nothings cloged up.

~Eddie

yea deff check the parking brake like Storydude said those stupid things cause more problems then they are good, and if thats what it is you should buy a parking brake block off and a aftermarket perch so it dosent happen again. If that dosent work go to your carb like your friends said and give it a good cleaning dubble check the jets make sure nothings cloged up.

~Eddie

Back