problem....:: VIDEO ADDED::...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclarenkid69

Reaction score
I blow blue smoke badly. its like a 2 stoke.. When =I rev it up it blows it.. When it decelerates it blows it.. I was leaking oil from my valve cover but i fixed that.. I adjesuted my valves a while back and that didn't help the problem.. I changed my oil every couple of rides and it didn't help.. So im clueless.. Unless my engine is near to blown.. So im not sure what is wrong. I have no real problems with it running or a power loss..

So all help is nice.. If any one ran into this problem tell me how you fixed the problem.

Or i went to adjust my valves last night and uhh yeah screwed that up.. but i can fix that..

Oh and all my gas tank blots are bent.. don't ask how that one happened..

Anyways all help is nice thankyou

I found a video that it blows blue somke in check it out!

http://media.putfile.com/yeah-55-20

Mine did it just on warm up and some body suggested to put 1/2 quart of 30w HD oil in it. Haven't seen any smoke since.

Mine did it just on warm up and some body suggested to put 1/2 quart of 30w HD oil in it. Haven't seen any smoke since.

So basically you covered up a serious problem by using oil that 1. Isnt even made for quads, and 2 is way too thick.

Dont do that..... put a new piston and rings in it.

compression test?? that will tell you if its the rings or valve seals.

the manual says between 115 and 128 psi, if its less time for a new piston and rings.

Yeah do a leak down test or have someone who nows haw to do a leak down test do it for you. Just the way you said it's doing it sounded like the rings, but could also be your valve guides, even if the seals went bad I'm sure it wouldn't smoke that badly unless the guides were shot.

If you do look for a bore kit there are some on ebay for 200 includes the rings piston sleeve and gaskets. So it has everything right there. Or you get a piston for like 70 with rings then go and get your jug bored which is what i did and it only costed me 35 for the bore and including gaskets it was only like 115 over all including tax.

also if yours is as bad as mine was look at your vent hose from the case as see if is blowing smoke out there. = rings.

Same things going on with my brother in laws warrior, we took it riding yesterday and it stop running and it was smoking atlot . We took off the seat and the pipe had melted a hole in to the airbox. And then we saw it was leaking oil. Thanks for the info to get it fixed.

With the ammount of smoke you are blowing it looks like a rebuild is in store. Not trying to break balls or anything but I would just rebuild it.

Back