Problem removing bolt from swinger

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLYamWar

Reaction score
Anyone else ever experienced problems with removing the top bolt on the swingarm? It's the one about a foot long. I have beat on it used WD40 and every other trick in the book. Hard as hell to try and get a puller on it to push it through due to how the frame is setup in that spot. My next step is to cut it out with an angle grinder. I believe the bolt is rusted to the insert sleeve. I just received my +2 swinger from the swingarm shop and can't wait to get it installed! Any suggestions before I cut it out would be appreciated.

Yea I've had that problem lol. I took the nut off the one side sprayed the piss out of it and used a impact wrench till it loosened up. It may take a little bit to get out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

i just put a portajack in between the frame and opened it up and cut it with reciprocating saw, f*** the bolt lol. its difficult, wouldnt be a bad idea to put a grease fitting or two on the swinger right there

Could tip the bike on its side, pour some WD40 liquid down onto it and let it sit overnight. Worth a try.

I also believe a product called PB Blaster works better than WD40.

Or you can try a mix 50/50 with Acetone and Automatic Transmission fluid, I heard it works wonders.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I am going to use the portajack method and cut the bolt.

Took mine out with a torch, big punch and a BFH. Once it started to move it came out pretty easily.

I never had an issue on #5 but I did do a 88 and ended up cutting the bolt head off and using a long 3/8" drive extension and dead blow hammer and pounded it out the opposite way and it came right out

Back