Problem . . . Help Please?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to try and bid on that on ebay and hopefully win it. I need it bad bc I dont want to rely on jb weld to hold my wheeler together. We'll see how that works vs. buying a brand new stator cover from a dealership which is like $300 . . . . Just wish I knew how this happened . . .

I don't really know what to blame the cracked cover on. Unless you got the engine hot then sprayed cold water on it I don't know, maybe it was just a defective piece that finally decided to crap out on you. It couldn't have been from being overtightened or anything like that, the wimpy little bolt where your cover is cracked can barely handle the little bit of torque the service manual recommends, the bolt would have broke off long before that cover did.

I scored the stator cover off ebay for $18 shipped so I am looking forward to that. Got all new bolts and gasket to get the job done right. Hope it is easy to take the original cracked cover off and replace it. Any suggestions though or things to watch out for?

Whoa whoa whoa thats leakin i nthe same place were mine is but mine is like leakin in like 2 other ones too... ill take a look tomorrow to see if mines craked... cause i know i spray cold water on the engine after its hot... and i go threw some deep streams so will that do it too?

Umm it could happen. You have to remember, warrior is air cooled so it does run hot. Going from hot which expands bc of of heat, to cold/cooler water contracting the metal quickly, but then riding and getting it hot which expands might make it crack which I think is what happened to mine ???

damn i have a raptor and **** i forgot to take a look at it lmfao ill do it tomorrow... this is gonna blow huge hairy monkey balls...

Back