powroll 430 kit vs. fst 446 kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88warrior350

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any one had some opinions on the powroll 430 kit vs. the fst 446 kit. I really want to do a stroker kit next time I rebuild my engine but just dont know which one to get, price seems close on both so thats not the problem. I really like the fst kit but I have heard some bad things about it, I have heard nothing bad about the powroll kit but also have never really heard of anyone using it, which kit makes more power? which is more reliable?, can the fst kit be rebuilt again? powroll has oversized pistons for theres. also with either of the kits what cam and carb would you recommend. I do alot of riding on back yard tracks,fields, and fast woods trials, I also do some mx type riding, and drag racing, so alot of wide open throttle/topend riding. any info will help, thanks!

88warrior350 said:
I was just wondering if any one had some opinions on the powroll 430 kit vs. the fst 446 kit. I really want to do a stroker kit next time I rebuild my engine but just dont know which one to get, price seems close on both so thats not the problem. I really like the fst kit but I have heard some bad things about it, I have heard nothing bad about the powroll kit but also have never really heard of anyone using it, which kit makes more power? which is more reliable?, can the fst kit be rebuilt again? powroll has oversized pistons for theres. also with either of the kits what cam and carb would you recommend. I do alot of riding on back yard tracks,fields, and fast woods trials, I also do some mx type riding, and drag racing, so alot of wide open throttle/topend riding. any info will help, thanks!

Any carb flat slide kehin off a 450 would work great.
Mega-cycle .450 all out or web .430 for more torque.

HotRods requires just a 84mm overbore. All others need to have the case machined to except a bigger sleave.

FST will have the most torque as it has the longest stroke.
CWR will have the most HP
Powroll will have less torque and hp then the two.
HotRods will have less torque and hp then all three.

More heat and power you put to your engine the faster it will wear out and require you to change your oil more often and may require rebuilds more often. HotRods would be the most reliable while CWR's would be the worst of the bunch.

FST uses 10.5mm more stroke.
Powroll uses 9.5mm more stroke.
CWR uses 9.5mm more stroke.
Hot Rods uses 7mm more stroke.

FST uses 87mm overbore and forged overbores 11:1 compression.
Powroll uses 86mm Overbore with cast piston overbores 11:1 compression.
CWR uses 89mm overbore with forged overbores and 12:1 compression.
Hot Rods uses 84mm overbore with no over sizes 10.5:1 compresion.

FST 446cc
Powroll 430cc
CWR 460cc
HotRods 396cc

More stroke = more torque
More Bore = more hp

Back