powroll 430 cam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing the silicone reducer tube will help with is velocity. The ports on these old engine are not high velocity ports like what is out there today. A reducer tube is going to help the intake charge speed up as it enters the engine.

No of fence Jeff but Mickey was using a 38mm Sunoco on that 500 and that was 1990s tech. The fcr is 2005tech big difference. And any way you stack it that carb isn't helping anything.

No of fence Jeff but Mickey was using a 38mm Sunoco on that 500 and that was 1990s tech. The fcr is 2005tech big difference. And any way you stack it that carb isn't helping anything.

Agree there for sure. Neither is not having a professional do your p&p.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

I will get a picture of the carb and inside the intake. Later today or tomorrow. I might do that make my own mounting plate for the carb.

I want to thank every one for the advice im gonna go with raptor 350 boot and the fcr,edle,or was lookin at lectron. But i was still interested in the powroll 430 i think it might work with all the compression i have

I honestly think that you will like the cam you have with the addition of the FCR. Like I said, my bike is back to being a 357 with 11:1 Wiseco, and my 450 mega is awesome!

Well i know it doesnt matter but did some research on my carb im runnin its a pwk36 quad vent/ air striker

Yeah that is on the small side, and is old school tech by today's standards. Darn good carb, but, it has no accel pump, is a round slid (I believe), and just doesn't off much for your set up. Tellin ya dude, get a 39mm FCR from a YFZ, do the accel pump linkage mod, make sure the slid o-ring is good, install the R&D Flex Jet, and call it a day! Simply a great carb. The throttle cable even fits in the Warrior thumb throttle. It's like it was meant to be ;)

No this carb is the d slide. And i still plan on jumpin to a bigger carb does ne know if lectron carbs have accel pump. If not im gonna keep my eye out for the fcr or edel on ebay

I used a kehin off a yfz450 and it's awesome. It has a pump it's a 39.mil.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about the lectron carbs, other then their prices! Lol. You can get good deals on the FCR on ebay. I grabbed the one for my ATC350X with the cable and throttle for $120. I'm pretty sure I grabbed the one on my Warrior for less.

I made my own out of 1.5" exhaust pipe, and 1/8" steel for the flange. Used Felpro blue gasket paper for the gasket, and joint the carb to it with a 1-7/8" to 1.5" silicone reducer tube. And, I ported the manifold I made with a die grinder bit and rubbed it mostly smooth with a scotchbrite pad. Works great! Ed has one of mine on his.

The reducer tube helps to speed up the intake charge because of the step down design it has.

Back