powernow mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill get back to you guys. After I cut the grooves in the intake I used a little jb weld to secure the wing in place, a X is possible.

got it in and fired up, the revs feels a little more crisp, havent had a chance to ride yet, later this afternoon.

Attachments

• fff.jpg
    fff.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 50
so your suppose to split it horz with the carb so at half throttle the air is reduced down to just the lower half of the boot. It directs the gas/air flow a bit better. Interesting. Why does it work? Like why will the reduction give you added HP?

The POWERNOW increases air velocity by cutting down on destructive, turbulent air entering and exiting the carburetor. At half-throttle, the air entering the carburetor is very inefficient, because it partially hits the slide and begins to tumble inside the throat of the carburetor. The POWERNOW'S septum, also known as the power blade, splits the air and increases forward momentum. .

They also make a powernow for the filter side of the carb, ill get on that tomarrow. Do a google search there is alot of info on powernow:tup:.

I installed the powernow on my yz426 when they first came out. No extra power, just the throttle was a little more crisp and responsive below 1/2 throttle.

ok i see what you did now, for the best result you would probably want to do it on both sides

Thats how the warrior feels, I look at it this way any free improvement is worth a half hour..:tup:
I installed the powernow on my yz426 when they first came out. No extra power, just the throttle was a little more crisp and responsive below 1/2 throttle.

hmmm at first i was going to say it would never work. but now i see what the concept is... interesting... too bad it doesnt seem to do much :/ i suppose if you had a bunch of "little bits" you will end up with something very noticable..... secretly i want to build a warrior that people get off of and think "holy **** that warrior was a mean mother f'er" but in reality it will always be a warrior.... good for trail riding and the ocassional all out beating, or an all out beating and the ocassional trail ride... but never for drag racing banshees or out jumping dirtbikes

What he said:tup:
hmmm at first i was going to say it would never work. but now i see what the concept is... interesting... too bad it doesnt seem to do much :/ i suppose if you had a bunch of "little bits" you will end up with something very noticable..... secretly i want to build a warrior that people get off of and think "holy **** that warrior was a mean mother f'er" but in reality it will always be a warrior.... good for trail riding and the ocassional all out beating, or an all out beating and the ocassional trail ride... but never for drag racing banshees or out jumping dirtbikes

Back