powerbomb header

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a nice pipe, but its really only worth it if you have a ported head, get one of sparky's pipes its more bang for your buck

I have a line on one for 50.00. Didn't know if I should jump on it or not

they are a good for bottom end power. the header is longer than stock which helps. Would really be benefical with an aftermarket cam installed.

I had an FMF powerbomb on my 366. It coupled to a powercore 4, and the proper jetting made a huge difference in the bottom end of my motor.

It flows a little better but the main thing is they make te quad a little quieter. Its just a can slid over the header and small holes drilled on the inside

Dude I have no idea were you got your info from but its dead wrong, its a open swelled inside no "muffler" or "tube with holes in it" its a open area, I know because I have one.

this is the megabomb but it's the same concept
fmf_zpse5c097dd.jpg

Additionally, the PowerBomb is a “pre-muffler” of sorts which helps to lower the bikes sound output by providing more sound absorbing surface area for the sound medium (exhaust gases).

i think its more you're the kind of person who is always right the dealership my friend works at used to have a cutaway of the powerbomb on display and it looked exactly like that with just a smaller chamber

my powerbomb is made like beastly says. if you look in the end of the header you can see holes drilled in the pipe..

Thats interesting..
I thought they were just an open flare, and were designed kinda like a resonator?
I also thought the expanded part worked like a small expansion chamber, and scavenged a little bit of exhaust? Which could be what it does???
I dunno how they work now, but I know they do. lol

Back