Powerbomb header

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
powerbomb and hi flow both flow much better than stock. the stock header is good, but with a modded engine you will see a difference.

if you have a pipe and thats all, stick with it until you open her up

I hear ya xcr but I read that the stock header flows as good as any aftermarket pipe, I got the FMF hiflow but that because I liked the SS look, don't know if there was any increase though.

I've got the powerbomb pipe and can say that it doesn't make a noticeable difference.

If you have a stock muffler then dont buy an aftermarket header. lol that just does'nt make any since. If you want it to sound and perform better than stock buy a quality slip on pipe.

Does it make it louder than stock

Actually, it will sort of act as a second muffler with the chamber it has, and quiets and mellows out the tone a little. Nothing huge, but the stock one will still be louder.

It makes a decent pre-muffler for sure (the main reason I will likely get one eventually), without any notable weight penalty. I understand the theory FMF is applying to the PB, an expansion chamber at a specific location in the header tract, relative to exhaust pulse frequency.

It should work at increasing high rpm flow, while maintaining low-end torque characteristics. My concern with it is the displacement range of the engine we commonly see with Warriors/Raptors here - 350 up to 446. I'm not convinced this displacement range is big enough to take advantage of the principle.

So, I dunno.... have to throw it on a dyno to see for myself.

Also I seen other people have fmf headers and white brothers , yoshi , and other slip-ons
is that a good idea does it increase performance
Sorry about all the question

I did read on the FMF site about the chamber, it'll def lower sound ouput a little, they say there filled with SS fibers. As for the other pipes I have a FMF SS header,but that was just for looks. Actually the stock pipe is better in that it is a heavier gauge steel then most of the aftermarket pipes.

The p.b. header will shift more of your power towards the top end, while the stocker tends to support mostly low rev power. The header doesn't create power, just determines where it's at. As for the noise the bottom end was quieter than the stocker, but when you spin the motor up it gets way louder than the stocker used to.

Back