Power gain?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr600

Reaction score
Running drop in KN filter now with 12 one inch holes in lid.Just ordered the KN filter and adapter to run with no lid.Will I run faster with no lid setup?Thanks

In the numbers, yes you will be able to make more power with a clamp on filter and no lid, assuming that it's jetted properly. I'd say it's probably not enough of a difference to notice it just by the seat-of-the-pants feel.

I just added the clamp on filter and no lid.It does feel better or might just sound better.I am running a 45 PJ and a 155.5 main jet and before the clamp on filter I would get popping when Id let off the throttle and now it doesnt do it.
You guys think I was tad rich and now its dead on?Thanks

Popping on decel indicates a lean idle circuit, sounds like you took care of that issue with the 50 pilot.

A 155.5 main sounds like it would be really rich for running just an open airbox and filter. I would think that a 147.5 or 150 would be better.

I bet if you try a leaner main jet you'll find it runs better and makes more power when you're on the throttle hard.

I also have a FMF exhaust.I tried a 147 and 150 and keeps running better more jet I run so im at 45/155.5
Guess Ill need to check the plug to see where Im at.Thanks

Even with an fmf a 155.5 seems like it would be way too rich. Are you sure you don't have an air leak between the carb and head?

I could have had a air leak because I had to take air box off to install the new filter setup.I might have sealed it up when I put it all back together.

I say a 150 main should be perfect cuase I have a fmf powerbomb header hmf exhuast and a uni filter with no lid and a 150 main jet,and it runs beautiful

Back