possibly bad CDI?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00warrior350

Reaction score
My warrior starts and idles fine.. Revs up in neutral just fine but as soon as I click it in gear and go to rev it up (even with the clutch in) it back fires and spits and sputters. Any ideas?

Parking brake wires disconnected?? If not follow the 2 wires off the clutch perch down to where they connect and disconnect them and see if that helps.

thats been done for along time now since i got my ASR clutch perch

it doesn't do it in neutral. but does it in first gear with the clutch in and not moving

if the clutch was dragging wouldn't it be grabbing enough to make the wheeler want to move?.. You and me both.. i said screew it and bought a new dynatek cdi for 150.. CDI has always kinda acted up when it got wet

Hopefully that works. Thats weird that it only does it when its in gear and with the clutch pulled in.

if that works makes sure you check back and tell us it worked... i dont think its going to tho sorry :( ive never seen a cdi have that kind of symptom

Well it's always kinda acted up in the damp weather usually dousing the two plugs and cdi with wd-40 would solve it just not now

probably more of a bad connection then instead of the actual cdi box.. but hey as long as you get it running i guess hahaha

well it seemed to fix the problem and wow night an day going from stock to Dynatek

Back