port and polish

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89shee

Reaction score
hey guys well when i got my banshee cylnders and yz125 ported and polished i noticed a considerable difference.they both run like raped apes. well im usually on the 2 smokers and think the warrior should have more power. would i notice a huge difference if i get the cylinder ported or am i asking to much from the warrior and move to a lt450r?

Move to the zuki. Porting just allows more fuel air to come into the combustion chamber and then leave it after its done its job. Its just like getting a bigger garage door, allows a bigger car to come in.

its all your choice how far its worth to you to take your warrior...you can make your warrior faster than 450s if you have the money and time...its all what you find worth while...port and polish jobs on a warrior will make a noticeable diff...hopefully you have a jet kit and pipe with a nice filter b4 you do this or u wont notice much

I had duncan racing do mine and I think its better money spent some where else. Yes it did give me more power maybe a 1.5 or so.. nothing like a two stroke.

Definately move up to the lt450, I love warriors but they aren't never going to be fast and 100 percent reliable at the same time in my opinion. Once you put that much money into one you are basically sitting on a race engine and we ALL know that race engines will break at some point minor or major. Plus when you spend all that money you are still only keeping up with near stock 450's that dont take much to power up even more. If you are going to keep the warrior just leave it as a strong trail riding quad and leave it at that. Obviously you love to have your rpm high when you ride like the 2smokers so if you are looking at finding similar torque preferences move up buddy.

thanks guys im debating on the yfz or the ltr i do some trail riding and heard the ltrs are way to wide and low to be riding them any help??should i go with the yfz?

YFz all the way man keep it in the family, I have had zero problems with mine except having to jet it correctly from the factory due to EPA standards. Ran like a dog off the showroom now it runs like Forrest. I know I will catch some flack from some suki lover on here but I literately hunt down ltrs that are equially equipped to me. Yfz are torque bandits.

yea i know man i rode a buddies and the thing is a beast. but i also heard very good things about the zuki.ill probally end up shopping for one this weekend and give her a test ride. one thing though. i heard the 450's were pretty much timebombs because of the power there putting out. this true?

Nope couldn't be further from the truth. I have rode mine as hard as I possibly can since spring 07 and haven't had a singly problem. My buddy has an 04 and an 08 and both are being raped when they are ridden and not a single problem from any of the three motors.

The suzukis on the other hand are having issues with their EFI and to replace the unit is around 300 bucks plus cost of the injector if it breaks out of warranty

The YFZ is def a badass quad, and my friend also had a jetting issue of the showroom floor....after that its a rocket ship....so if your shooting for the stars...keep it in the fam

Yea the problem is that the 06 and newer ones are mandated by the EPA for emissions. Yamaha sticks a non adjustable fuel/air screw in the carb that has the proper adjustments for California where they are imported through, they also put a plastic cap where the screw is located that has to be removed. Then on top of that they have to use a non adjustable needle that needs to be replaced as well.

I fixed mine for about 20 dollars and that consisted of buying a 2005 needle to where I could adjust the clip position (7 bucks), removed the plastic cap and put a aftermarket screw in 10 bucks, and then a 3 dollar jet. It takes about 20 minutes to do once you fully understand what you are doing, which was the longest part for me. It took me forevever to try and understand why I bought a quad that wouldn't run right from the show room. And yes now this thing is a rocket ship running on nitro - wouldn't trade it for anything. If anyone needs help with adjusting this carb I can help just send a pm!

ridinfast03 said:
Yea the problem is that the 06 and newer ones are mandated by the EPA for emissions. Yamaha sticks a non adjustable fuel/air screw in the carb that has the proper adjustments for California where they are imported through, they also put a plastic cap where the screw is located that has to be removed. Then on top of that they have to use a non adjustable needle that needs to be replaced as well.

I fixed mine for about 20 dollars and that consisted of buying a 2005 needle to where I could adjust the clip position (7 bucks), removed the plastic cap and put a aftermarket screw in 10 bucks, and then a 3 dollar jet. It takes about 20 minutes to do once you fully understand what you are doing, which was the longest part for me. It took me forevever to try and understand why I bought a quad that wouldn't run right from the show room. And yes now this thing is a rocket ship running on nitro - wouldn't trade it for anything. If anyone needs help with adjusting this carb I can help just send a pm!

yeah my 07 raptor 350 is the same way, where did you buy your needle at? the dealership? I got th gyrt jet kit so it didn't come with as ajustable needle.

I bought an 05 needle from the dealer. If your referring to the screw I bought it from RockyMountain

yeah i had to drill out a brass plug to get to the screw on my carb.
will i have to get one from a 2005 or older? did they stop makeing the needle adjustable on everthing from 06 on up or does it vary by model?

Back