popping in the carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds lean maybe, you can adjust your air/fuel screw and also up your pilot jet one size. stock is 42.5 next size up is 45.

you definatly have it running lean. if it makes a kinda chirping noise when it pops then your carb boot is probably split which will lean out the fuel mixture pretty bad.

you definatly have it running lean. if it makes a kinda chirping noise when it pops then your carb boot is probably split which will lean out the fuel mixture pretty bad.

my carb boot is bran new i baught that today because i thought that was the problem and how do you adjust the air screw i never messed with the carb stuff so im not that good at it

thanks i hope that works and nothing else is wrong with it if i cant get it fixed im selling it to my friend for 800 i have a truck full of stuff that goes with it i put all new gaskets on my motor today and it still leaks a little bit of oil my head is warp some

Why wouldn't you have decked the head before wasting so many head gaskets?

Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7WF5eWTvag

I used 220 grit, then 400 and finished with 600 on mine.

Where is yours leaking? At the cam chain tunnel, base gasket, or oil galley?

my oil is leaking out in the front of my head right where the gasket is and plus it is is getting into my header pipe to and i have to keep taking my pipe off to drain the oil out of it

Back