poping and cuting out?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzy613

Reaction score
:argh:so i was riding down the road and i let off the gas and it was pop after pop after pop. then i got on the throttle held at half and it boged and cut out. i stoped at my buddys house and he agreed it was runnig hot but my question is do i need a new sprk plug or tear in to the carb and clean each and every part of it:atv:

check the spark plug and see if its black if so u might have to adjust the float to where it gets less gas or buy a smaller jet(bout 4 bucks) other than that idk why it would be running hot

that is a debate among a few i say theres no reason for it. leave it out but dont get rid of just incase you come up with a reason to keep it there.

well i left it there. i took it out for ia ride to day and i think i found my problem i think the accel pump is stoping on me. i put the stock spring back in but its bent a littleand im going to buy a new spark plug. is it even posible fo the accel pump to cut out like that?

that is a debate among a few i say theres no reason for it. leave it out but dont get rid of just incase you come up with a reason to keep it there.

its there for when you would hit a jump and the inertia causes all the fuel to go to the top of the bowl, that ring would hold enough there by the mainjet so that it wouldnt hiccup while you were in the air.

Odd cause i have seen them in my quadracer carb, but i have looked at 3 warrior carbs in the last 2 weeks and none of them had that plastic piece.... hmmmmm

Back