Please HELP!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony1177

Reaction score
ok have 98 warrior. I bought the white brothers mikuni upgarde carb. If you hit it ful,l throttle at idle it bogs and dies. Ive tried all the different jets it came with and cant get it to work for me. If anyone has this setup please help me. I do have race exhaust and k@n intake. Also thinking of piston swap. Help on choices and advantages and disdvantages. Thank you all

What kind of carb is it? Does it have the accel pump or flat slide or is it there round slide carb?
I could point you in the right way if I had a little more info.

well its the white bros carb. No pump its a 38mm mikuni i think but it came with a 200,210,220 main jet and a 25,30,35 pilot. Im at sea level but cant get it right.. I do plan on camming it and boring it but for right now i can get on it and wack it without stalling. If you ease onto throttle it will go but not the sudden wack of thumb

i think its a round slide yea sorry didnt answer that part

Now I've never had any experience with any carb besides my stocker but a 200+ main jet is huge! Unless jet sizes are different in carbs like that or what ever. But I just rejetted mine the other day and put in a 155 main and it runs almost perfect now. Needs about a half or one bigger size and it will be perfect. But keep in mind I have more mods than you such as hmf exhaust, k&n filter, hi compression piston and a stage 2 web cam.

yeah the round slide carbs use bigger jetting because there is less vaccum at the jet blocks. Most of the time with round slides is that they have no accel pump, so when you wack the throttle open the mixture goes lean and there is nothing in the carb then can compansate for that change. The best thing to try is.. get the main jet right and pilot jet, fuel screw. Then work on the needle. You might have to the needle a little richer along with the pilot to get it to respond.

ok but have you heard this before??? Im not sure if i have multiple problems or just the carb. This bike throws some crazy heat when idling and after a blast around the block cant touch the exhaust can.

yes but it only came with three jets for main and three for pilot and nothing works right i cant figure it out

yeah.. there usally really close in jetting so you don't really need to many jets.
Just follow the directions and go from there. Start with the pilot circut then main then needle.. most of the time if you get the main right you don't have to worry about the needle jet.

Back