Plastic skid plates?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xwarriorrider69x

Reaction score
do they make plastic skid plate for warriors leikt eh rear skid plate of the trx450r. I hear they work really good and take off some weight

Yea durablue has one, but its like 40-50 bucks so i would just get the aluminum cause its stronger and will last long, dont waste your time trying to save weight on the warrior/rappy 350, its pretty much a lost cause, you would be lucky to ever get more than 5-10 lbs off it.

Yea durablue has one, but its like 40-50 bucks so i would just get the aluminum cause its stronger and will last long, dont waste your time trying to save weight on the warrior/rappy 350, its pretty much a lost cause, you would be lucky to ever get more than 5-10 lbs off it.

thats why i told you no, cause the metal is stronger and in a way cheaper

yeha but the problem is he has a metal one that only protects a little its like some stock one and its all bent up hes probably figuring that the plastic will not bend

Yea the plastic won't bend that much but it will crack, and in cold weather it will become very brittle. Atleast with the metal ones you can put a wrench (9+'' cresent) w/ a cheater bar on it and bend it back somewhat, and if that doesn't work, take it out, stick it in a vise and bend it then.
~Bill

how else do you bedn the metal skid cuz i bend it by taking it off and bending it and that is leik every other day

If you are bending a metal skid that much you definitely do not want a plastic skid!! Sound like the metal one is doing its job and absorbing the abuse instead of your bike.

Just this week a guy wrote on Raptor Forum with a new 700R hit a rock with the stock plastic skid and it flexed enough allowing the rock to still crack his engine case.

Imtarnished is right, cold weather they will be brittle, and hot weather they will be soft and flex.

if you get a good skid it wont bend (metal) and if it does it will have to be a bad rock and its easy enugh to bend back

well almost any aluminum skid would do, such as UM or pro armour are just a couple of the many brands.

PRM makes one of the toughest swingarm skids out there. Definitely get a .250 skid, my .190 was pretty weak and I ended up getting it pressed straight and another 1/4" piece of aluminum welded to the bottom to keep it from getting all bent up again.

I got a UM one and I hate it. Cost me more ground clearance than I thought it would. I got hung up going up a hill and trying to back down it was like a shovel and just dug in. I almost flipped backwards down the hill. Trying to find one thats curved up in the back and a little more low profile.

Back