Planning on changing up clutch cover mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would and probably will on my next setup just drill a 3rd hole. I'd do everything else the same but if drill a 3rd hole on the inside of the cover, tap it and loctite a threaded plug in. All you have to be sure of is that the hole is drilled center of the galley and be sure that the plug goes in deep enough to block off the entire galley.

see the epoxy in #5's cover didn't let loose or at least its still there so I think the oil was getting pushed past the epoxy through like a pin hole of sort which doesn't make sense because the 2 fittings would still be the path of least resistance right? but I know the oil wasn't going through the cooler anymore because the cooler was cold

I would and probably will on my next setup just drill a 3rd hole. I'd do everything else the same but if drill a 3rd hole on the inside of the cover, tap it and loctite a threaded plug in. All you have to be sure of is that the hole is drilled center of the galley and be sure that the plug goes in deep enough to block off the entire galley.

Thats what Im thinking also now, but I got looking and its gonna have to be smaller than the 1/8 npt plug I got here. Im gonna look and see what I can find to use thats readily available locally.

An idea that I had was to drill and tap the lower hole, only run the fitting down so it fits tight against the inside surface of the little hole that feeds the crank. Then, drill and tap the very top of the galley (where the flat spot is) and use a banjo bolt. This would eliminate the need for blocking the galley all together. Maybe...

Well took mine apart today to find out the jb weld held and i also pressure tested it to 150psi. Come to find out there was fibers from poss a shop rag that clogged the inlet hole.

any updates on this. was really wanting to do mine but was waiting to see if a better way was discovered. THANKS.

damn, didn't know his let loose. I fear mine will do that as well, so I check it yearly. Or at least when the motor is operable. Its still holding fine for me. I make sure to pack it in there nice and tight, and used more than just a bit, as the oil galley is pretty long so you have room to put a nice amount it, helping it in not getting loose.

Ok sorry for the delay guys, things have been crazy. But the idea/plan has worked, though I may still do some revisions of it as Id like to completely eliminate the quick steel. So Im on the look out for another cover to play with, anyone got one they would donate!!! LOL

As you can see the outside remains unchanged

The difference is on the inside with a set screw that has the same diameter as the galley. Only a minute amount of filler was used to make sure it was completely sealed and to form a "ramp".

The set screw will not come out or dislodge from its spot. Its there permanently!!!

I had not thought to literally plug the galley with a plug. Good idea. Now that I have a spool gun I can just weld the galley closed...

Have you ever considered using a raptor 350 clutch cover? In the place where you have drilled ,tapped, and installed the plug there is a flat spot on the raptor cover that looks like it would make drilling it much easier, easier to center anyway. I was thinking of picking up one and sending it your way for the mod. I was just thinking that the design difference would make it easier on you.

KGrHqJiYFCNMoYnyBQ1HUBVmw60_12_zps3e3d5afe.jpg.html

Back