Pivot arm bolt !!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
I'm taking off my swing arm. Attest trying to but can't get that pivot bolt out. The one that connects the swing arm to the frame! I've been hitting it but I don't wanna hit any more since the bolt is starting to smash and the threads.

How do you get this sucker out!?

i soaked mine with pb blaster for a few hours,then used a air hammer with a very pointy bit and pushed on the center of the bolt. didnt mess up threads and it worked right out. and mine sat uncovered in texas for 10 yrs! wasnt easy though!

yea i need to soak it i guess, i wish there wasnt a hole in the center of it... this sucks im so close!

i had the same problem. i drilled a little inset on the end of the bolt and used a heavy duty punch and a mini sleg hammer. the drilled inset keeps the punch from slipping. and you def. want to soak it with pb blaster. and once you get it out, if the threads are messed up just grind it down til you get back to good threads. dont be afraid to be aggresive with it. you will get it out man.

^^^^ i agree had to do that to a blaster once. ended up cutting the head off and punching it out the other side. hope you dont have to do that.

i messed up the threads... anyone got the bolt and nut for sale... lolol

Update I got it out like an inch thought I was gonna come out now it seems like it's stuck on something in there? It spins freely with my hand though. ????

Rust biuld up inside, just keep working it. When you do get it out drill and tap it for a grease zerk, so you can stop it from happening agian. Seen a couple bolt on ebay for around $10, but get ahold of cjracing or 87warrior917 they may have one floating around to.

I got a bolt and nut I could send yah. Just like the think soak in Blaster for a few days, just keep spraying it. It will eventually come out.

Back