piston to wall specs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve14733

Reaction score
4j24ac.jpg
hi im steve new to site.i picked this up for 550 in need of a rebuild smokes like a 2 stroker. was wondering what is aceptable range on piston wall to piston after a hone. its got a wisco 20 over that looks new that came with it needing rings. also were is a good place to send head for +1 on the valves with a port cleanup i drag race kawasaki bikes and build 4 cylinders but i run em titer then stock. i im 80 miles south of buffalo ny. use fast by gast for port and head work but he dont mess with the little stuff. thanx steve

Last edited:
zlcdh2.jpg
kinda a kawayami dude kaws on the street and yamaha in the dirt here is a pic of my street bike coldent upload more then one pic gonna try again

Dunno what the spec is but is probably a little looser than published OE, being it's a forged slug.
Maybe check w/ Wiseco online?
I probably wouldn't worry too much unless the jug is scored or obviously worn. Crosshatch still visible? Rering it and let 'er eat...

We usually put them at .003" to .0035" on a fresh hone. Depends on whether we are doing and air cooled or water cooled jug. Usually want more clearance on air cooled stuff.

i dident get the bore gage out , but im a little tighter then that .026 /027 range on a mic so i should be good to go with a light hone to get rid of the stains from the rings sitting in the bore while being stored . came as a spare part with bike thanx for the info.. bore & piston look new ,but valve hit pocket and was taken apart i was told. but we have all heard them stories,, its my wifes bike hardly ridden grandma takes it out from time to time, when im not stunting it. oops thanx again..steve

jebbysan... yes the green one is a 82 1000r i bought new and still take her out for a couple hundred miles a year. ive been telling my wife im gonna thin the heard some day hasent happend yet .my first street bike was my 73 z1900 still got that too. and 3 z1rs a mk11 and every year 900 except 76 . and a few projects on the back burner. prostar dragracing series went out, so im kinda making all the dragbikes toned down pro street type bikes becouse the local tracks dont make it worth running them anymore.but with kids and my age46 im thinking of selling the houses and most of the bikes.and moving south to get out ov plowing snow.unless i can afford a house with a big garage down south we will see i guess..cheers...steve aka bike hoarder

Great collection.....
My yellow bike is a 79' CBX kinda of a Pro Street build....
The silver bike is a 1980 750f with a host of mods.....
The black one is a 1980 CBX restoration for the original owner.....

Lot cheaper to move down here....but hotter than **** all 10 weeks out of the year....108 degrees tomorrow and Sunday:tdown:

just moved my dad in with me, he was in Wis. and is very exiced to not have to shovel snow this winter. lol We run 80- high 90s in the summer and in the winter norally areound 45, but lots of rain in the winter. Drive to the coast is 70 miles (and the dunes), high dessert is 85miles and I'm in a valley that they say is a temerate rain forrest

Great collection.....
My yellow bike is a 79' CBX kinda of a Pro Street build....
The silver bike is a 1980 750f with a host of mods.....
The black one is a 1980 CBX restoration for the original owner.....

Lot cheaper to move down here....but hotter than **** all 10 weeks out of the year....108 degrees tomorrow and Sunday:tdown:
wow 108 thats hot. thats like arizona, thank god for ac and pools,, only get 90 mabee two weeks out of the year here. already into the 50s at night and avg is 75 80 for 6 more weeks then they snow and **** weather for 5 or 6 months

Its been over 100 56 days consecutivly and hasent rained in just as long and it only get to maybe 30 for 2 or 3 days in the winter

2exss2g.jpg
you still got the 87 1000 i still got mine nice ride for the weight. my wife likes ridding on that better then my05 zx12 big wheel bike

Back