Pissing gas.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's another thing i was thinking but would that happen in only 5th gear? i don't know if it makes a difference or not but i also have a +2 front sprocket.

Alright well the good news is that I fixed the leak... kind of. So what I did was readjusted the float until it didn't leak gas anymore and started the quad really easily. That is all set now and I am more than happy. Problem is, I am having yet another problem. This time, I don't even know where to begin. I took it on two quick rides to check if everything was alright. The first time everything was great and I came back to my house and it still wasn't leaking. The second time is when I really ran into some problems.

As soon as I hit 5th gear, it bogged down and stalled. I have no idea why this is and it's weird as all hell. It happened twice too. I restarted it and got quite literally 60 feet from my house and it bogged down and stalled again in 5th gear and I had to roll into my driveway. It seems like I shut the key off or hit the kill switch but it only happens in 5th gear.

The only guess I can possibly think of is that it has something to do with my starter switch assembly. My starter switch currently doesn't work and I have to start my quad by gapping the solenoid. I was thinking that maybe it is some kind of electrical problem associated with the killswitch in the handlebar assembly. That is, unless someone thinks it's still carb related. :yell:

Sounds to me like it's out of gas. Like you have the float adjusted so it's not allowing fuel to flow into the bowl of the carb. I'm drunk right now so yeah..

I wonder if the vent line is plugged off the carb...

that's another thing i was thinking but would that happen in only 5th gear? QUOTE]

. it would if you are just running it through the gears, there is enough to get you to 5th but that is it. I thinking your running to 5th at WOT so your using the most gas, it should do it also if your in any other gear but you would have to keep it at WOT to notice it happening

I had it at WOT in all gears just to test that theory and it runs like a bat out of hell, it's only in 5th gear. I'll try to adjust the float a tiny bit and see if that helps.

Back