pilot jet

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy7734

Reaction score
i was idleing my quad after i rebuilt it and it is running really hot i put a 150 main jet in but the kit did not come with a pilot jet so i am wondering if i put a pilot jet in if that would help? and about how many heat cycles should i do since i put a cam in?

Ya a pilot would help at idle because that's the point to the pilot is complete idle fuel control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok i was also told to turn the mixture screw out another .5 of a turn anx it helped but i will get a pilot jet when i get the to the local dealer

Other then that I would say change your pilot have you done an oil cooler?

I did notice when I went from a factory piston to my white bros 10.25-1 piston and my cam the bike idles hotter for sure so to lower the heat I wrapped the pipe in titanium exhaust wrap and did an oil cooler mod and that brought the heat down dramatically

You need to pull the plug to see what color it is. Should be the color of a brown paper bag. If it's white it's lean. If it's dark or black it's rich.

i checked it when i turn the mixture screw 2.5 turns out and i have not checked it because i have been sick this past week

A stage 1 hotcam is not supposed to sit and idle till after break in procedure. A half hour of mild riding around 3000 rpms. Be careful with that cam until it's broken in. Try to get that jetting correct before you break in that cam. Just saying. I'd hate to hear about someone not happy with the cam because of it. I love my stage 1. The hot cam should have come with the break in procedure on the paperwork. I know mine did.

Back