Pics of my Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxy5oo

Reaction score
They are not very good quality. I had to take them with a disposable camera cause my digital camera is messed up. I got my wicked +3 up 1 a-arms on it last weekend. I got some Works dual rate shocks in today that I am putting on it tomorrow. These pics are with the stock shocks. I cut the front fenders because I cracked one of them. They are cut a little more than I would have liked, but I like it better than with them not cut.

e93a8301.jpg

e93a82fb.jpg

e93a82ef.jpg

e93a82e3.jpg

e93a82dc.jpg

I'll try to get some better pics of it when I get my digital camera back. It is getting closer to where I want it to be. I just got it about a month ago. The guy that had it before me did a lot of motor work to it. I know it has a different cam and piston and he did some port work to it. It runs really strong, but this is the first Warrior I have had, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I wish I knew more about what all motor work that was done to it, but I have no idea what kind of piston and cam he put in it, or if it has been stroked or bored. It did not have a lot of hours on it since the motor work was done. He did not have a lot of time to ride it. All I have added is the a-arms, parking brake delete, new clutch lever and pedestal, Works shocks, and I got some sand tires that I am putting on it to go to Little Sahara in a couple of weeks.

I didn't have a lot of money to spend on sand tires and I had to use the stock wheels. So I got the AMS Sand Snakes in 20 x 11 x 9 on the back. The fronts are AMS Blacktail 21 x 7 x 10. Not sure how they will do. I will in a couple of weeks.

that one light is how mine used to be. get some different lights and it would be good.

^^^ yeah but at least his inst purple like yours was ben....hahaha

Dude your warrior is sick, lookin good but yeah the lights is the only thing thats catching my eye. Get some stock lights. I love the looks of the stock lights.

I didn't have a lot of money to spend on sand tires and I had to use the stock wheels. So I got the AMS Sand Snakes in 20 x 11 x 9 on the back. The fronts are AMS Blacktail 21 x 7 x 10. Not sure how they will do. I will in a couple of weeks.

I was just asking cause 90% of my riding is in the dunes. The sand snakes should work fine for you. The straight paddle design will take a little getting use to. They will feel a little weird while turning at first. You will want to play with the air pressure on the fronts and backs to get the ride and bite you want. You dont want to much bite, to much will bog you down. Tire spin is actually a good thing. If you get a chance to upgrade go with skat trac haulers 7 paddle. 8 paddle is a little much on a warrior. If you decide to go with a v-paddle try sand skate 2. The v-paddle design is great for turning and sidehilling and just all around duning. The straight paddle is really meant for straight line riding, like drags, hill shots, idiot holes and such. I have 2 different sets of paddles i use depending on which dunes im going to ride. Haulers and sand skate 2. Have fun, there is nothing better than riding the dunes.

Yea I totally agree the light hurts the look of it. I don't like it much either. It has just not been the biggest priority so far to change for me and I need it right now for night ridding at the dunes. I plan on trying to find some kind of frame mount lights one of these days and to find something to cover the hole. exile I kind of like to stock lights to for that baja look, so who knows. Thanks for the replies. 2kwarrior thanks a lot for the advise. Wish I would have posted a question on here before I bought my sand tires, because it sounds like I might like the v paddles better. Maybe after I go try these out I will have a better idea of what I am looking for in sand tires. We are going to be doing just all around dune riding, sidehilling, climbing, there are some off trails they ride that are sand and just cut through the small trees from what I understand. This is my first time to go, so I have no idea what to expect except from the pics I have seen. All we have around where I live are hard pack trails.

A buddy of mine has a z400 that I rode yesterday a little bit. It is all stock. It feels like it has a little more pep when you first get on it than my Warrior, but with the engine mods mine has I think they would be close on top end. We never lined them up to see though. In some ways I like the low end it has better, but I am not super crazy about the way his wants to pick the front tires up. It is real cool when you want to wheelie and play around though. Overall I like my Warrior a little better right now, but the z is a nice quad. I rode another guys Raptor 660. It is nice, but I would rather have my Warrior or the z400 over it for overall riding. It is just not as easy to handle in tight areas to me. Opening it up on a straight is awesome though.

I have not even gotten to really ride it anywhere since I installed them. The place close to where I live that we ride at is flooded right now from all of the rain we are having and I have not been able to go anywhere else to ride. I am going to Little Sahara June 14-17 so I should be able to tell you for sure then. Just piddling around the house and stuff I think it is going to handle really good. Cyclops lol, yea it was that way when I bought it. I am not sure what made him change it over from the stock lights to that one unless maybe he rolled it or something and broke them.

I rode another guys Raptor 660. It is nice, but I would rather have my Warrior or the z400 over it for overall riding. It is just not as easy to handle in tight areas to me. Opening it up on a straight is awesome though.

Try a outlaw 525 and then you will see something that pulls up in every gear and harder then hell to handle in the gears and really nice to open up. Bad ass bike my friend has one. Crazy in the trails so he just drags, we dont have dunes out here.

it is but its still the hardest thing to control because all the torque that when you come out of a turn or anything like a tiny hill the front end lifts up. The front tires are never really on the ground to stear, hahahaha but when they are you can still notice the RIS because its really harder to steer

Back