Pics of jumps?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey everyone. does anyone have pics of jumps they have built with approximate measurements? im thinking about building a new jump out at my land as well as a whoop section. if anyone has some pics of whoops too id appreciate it. thanks.

look it up on google and you'd be surprised with what you find, me and a few friends plan on buildin some on my firends land this upcoming spring break. we got everything off google ;)

are you talking about wood/metal jump ramps or dirt jumps? im looking to make a dirt jump (probably tabletop) of a fairly good size, but not too big. ive got one right now that's about 2.5 ft. tall but its a flat ground landing and not a whole lot of lip. ill check google though. thanks

Don't have any measurements since its melted now...
35115363269.jpg

35115343765.jpg

nice jump. i worked on mine today. it used to only be a little wider than my quad, which probably wasnt a good idea or very safe. well i got my dad to finally let me use the old tractor by myself today (you know how protective parents are, even when im 21yo!) and i just about doubled the width of it. now its not scary to jump it and i dont have to worry about coming off with one side of my quad lower than the other. ive got to call a salvage place here in town and see how much they want for some big (55gal?) blue plastic drums. im going to try to get about 10 of them, run them 2 wide (end to end) and 5 long and use them as filler for my tabletop! looking to hopefully end up with about a 20-25 ft. tabletop and then put in a whoop section (shouldnt be too hard, just bumps). ill get some pictures when i get it done, but it might be a while. so what do you guys think is a good take off angle for a tabletop? im thinking about at least 45*, since that would launch you forward more than up, but i might want some more air out of it. i guess i can start with 45* and then just work the face of the launch to suit my needs. anyone else got some more pics?

by the way slamdam, nice truck setup. im a chevy man myself (01 silverado with 3/4 drop), but i gotta give you props for the big 4x4 with a plow on it. we didnt get enough snow here in sw missouri to make any jumps, but you better believe that ill be trying to build one next year! any guesses at the height of that snow jump?

are you talking about wood/metal jump ramps or dirt jumps? im looking to make a dirt jump (probably tabletop) of a fairly good size, but not too big. ive got one right now that's about 2.5 ft. tall but its a flat ground landing and not a whole lot of lip. ill check google though. thanks

google had metal and wooden jumps....

for a dirt jump, well thats really not that hard as long as you have dirt and a bobcat, im going to start buildin mines soon, i guess just make the takeoff jump, have anbotu 20 feet( if ya got it) in between, and put a landing, makei t about ten feet wide also.

maybe this can help a lil bit
hump6.jpg

the takeoff is about 3 feet, the middle is aboout 7, and the landing is about 3.5 feet, excuse the honda wheeling over it ;)

yeah i started reworking my jump today. i dont think im going to go 20-25ft. right from the start, but stick with about 10 ft. for the top of the tabletop for right now, then when i get more comfortable with that distance i can extend it 5 ft. at a time until i get about 20-25ft. it will be about 10 ft. wide, with the actual tabletop and takeoff being around 8ft. going to use wood pallets, about 6 stacked on top of eachother, 2 stacks wide, and 2 stacks long to start out. so it should be roughly 2.5-3ft tall, 10ft. tabletop, and a good landing. dont worry about the honda in the picture. ive got a 300ex i got for my girlfriend. its a blast to ride and wheelies like a mo' fo'! gonna put exhaust on it eventually (already got K&N) and maybe do a piston and cam someday. then it will freakin fly. damn thing is so light it would be a great race bike if i bored and stroked it. good starter bike for the girlie though. well thanks for the pic. anyone got opinions on approx. takeoff angle for a 10ft. tabletop?

ok. thanks for the pictures. gives me some good ideas. now i gotta come up with some more dirt. guess i just need to keep on diggin!

by the way slamdam, nice truck setup. im a chevy man myself (01 silverado with 3/4 drop), but i gotta give you props for the big 4x4 with a plow on it. we didnt get enough snow here in sw missouri to make any jumps, but you better believe that ill be trying to build one next year! any guesses at the height of that snow jump?
Not to highjack a thread, but thats a friends truck. No Fords for me, my truck is in thr G Ride thread.

or you could have a Ford (Found On Roadside Dead) or a Fiat (Fix It Again Tony). dont be hatin just because you arent old enough to drive yet. lifted or lowered, i like em both. next truck will probably be stock ride height or maybe lifted a few inches. need to bag my silverado and get some wheels. just too damn expensive when you pay for your own quad.

This is a jump i made in my woods last fall, its made of dirt and logs and a pallet thing, its about 2 1/2 ft. tall.... its the best i can do with a shovel and the limited space but it gets the job done... i used to have woops where the jump is i think i have pics but im not positive

it used to have a landing but my friend and brother had trouble making it to the landing so we had to get rid of it

these ones are jumps at this one place we go riding sometimes up at my grandmas, i have alot more i just cant find them but just click on the links
http://community.webshots.com/photo/444286861/1486133188077874977qaocRs

http://community.webshots.com/photo/444286861/1486131686077874977TfyndR

right on. thanks for the pics. how big was the gap you had before you took the landing down? also, what gear were you hitting that thing in? it looked like you got some decent air on that third pic. im gonna try to get out and work on my jump tomorrow after i get out of class. ill try to get some pics too. like i said, im gonna use pallets for filler for the tabletop. might have to cut down a small tree and saw it up for filler for the landing. i did the same thing for the first part of the takeoff, but just used dirt when i extended it.

i was in about second gear i dont have much room to get any speed but it does launch you pretty good, the ground was frozen too that day so i coulnd get much traction, but heres a video of that third picture, oh yeha the gap was maybe 4 ft http://media.putfile.com/jump2326

ok this video has some jump videos and one is with the landing and it also has a bunch of pics of my quad and other random stuff

Back