Picky/project thread for me warrior.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynxgen

Reaction score
Just figured Id toss up sum pics of my lil beast.

most of the picks should speak for themselves.

When I first got it.
201004062324.jpg

After 20 mins of riding:
201004091606.jpg

In with the new cam n clean out the chunks:
201004241319.jpg

Test ride after rebuild n break in etc (I tripled the amount of riding time I'd got on it at this point):
201005091343.jpg

Old tires, (tried to light em up.. lol)
201005100746.jpg

New tires! ITP Holshots:
201005101525-1.jpg

Finaly home again!:
201005111717.jpg

About 30mins out riding, and I freaking rolled it. (Glad we got that outta the way. She idles perfectly fine sittin upside down:)
201005151746.jpg

Here we were checking out the group campsite. This is where we always camp when everyone brings up thier machines n such. HUGE secluded site, the trails go right in and out the back of it!
201005151805.jpg

My unckle playing in a mud hole..
201005221831.jpg

one of our first get togethers, and first ride.
201005222010.jpg

Some mini dunes along the side of the road we found:
201005222028.jpg

Done for the day, parked for the night. It must be Beer-O'clock now:
201005241152.jpg

Why is this thing suddenly SO FCKIN LOUD!??!!!??!!!! oh.. i see:
201007181630.jpg

What a pretty blue flame!!:
201007181857.jpg

Time to clean an d re-jet etc:
201007192045-2.jpg

Trail pick:
201007181329.jpg

Stop n chill for a bit, let her cool down some:
201007181528.jpg

Flipped rims, and when I went to pick up my jets, ended up getting these hanguards.
201007301830.jpg

The bar pad I took off my 1yr olds bike. Just wanted to see how it looked, the colous were right! lol ..I'll put it back.. sometime.. lol its a bit short anyhow.. lol
201007301849.jpg

201007301849-1.jpg

anyways. theres some pickies. more to come in the future Im sure.. lol

Like the pad. Looks good man. Flippin those rims really beefed it out. Good stuff dude.

Like the pad. Looks good man. Flippin those rims really beefed it out. Good stuff dude.

hehe.. which pad? lol

Got the work shop, the home shop/garage, the camping spot.. etc lol

yeah, she looks alot wider now, although Im used to it already, so cant even hardly tell. Its just normal to me now..
Im contemplating making some little guards for the calipers. Just not to crazy about how open they are now.

aside from that, the main thing is still getting the jetting down.

I think I just need to re-adjust my needle now. But I moved up to a 150 main. problem is, I dont know if I stuck the dynojet 150, or the 150 I got from the dealer..???

I think I went with the dynojet, as I was thinking about switching the needle as well. Something about the length and taper on it.

Theres some skeptism on the dynojets numbering, but I looked at n compared the holes and thought hmm..

the other thing, is it suposed to be a small round main, or a large round main??

the dealer when I called said small round. When I took the jet out and took it with me, they said it was a large round. The dynojet kit came with small rounds, and when I ordered jets for it, I ended up with small rounds.

either way, they all seem to screw in and snug up. I went from using the large round to one of the small rounds. seems to run crappy as normal. lol

I think I almost got it figured out.

also discovered when looking over it, that my one axle bolt is loose!!! the top one, not the lower with the adjusters...

seems like nothing stays tight on this thing...

lol ya i always have to check those bolts and they need to be tightened hard. when i had my banshee it was worse, theyd be tight then the rear would just come apart when riding

Those are carrier bolts, not axle bolts. Yeah, tighten the hell outta them!

Last weekend... Aug 5-8 2010

So took last thursday and friday off n went camping at the #2 site.
Pretty good time up till late saturday night.. more on that in a bitsy.

First a couple good pics:

201008051529.jpg

201007E17.jpg

201008051926.jpg

201008051925.jpg

K... I dont know what to do, but I think I may just end up soddering the cables, nuts n bolts to the damn batt terminals.. they just wont stay tight, red locktight, and tightened as much as I dare, and then some...

201008071511.jpg

Someone left the Polaris sitting and idling. next I know we hear it revving UUUUUuup N DOWWWWwwwwwn, UUUP N DOWWWWwwwwn...

baby climbed aboard and tried to take off!!! Good thing it was in park! lol
doubt he could reach the brake!!! lmao. After the initial panick, I loved it!
201008071945.jpg

Soo...

Saturday, my scuzin comes up, and a friend of his came for the evening/day.

We were out riding late and then slipped into town and picked up a flat of beer.

Along the trail theres four gates. Solid n heavy, chains latching them shut.
On one side or the other, theres a sorta bridge kinda thing with with metal tubes. (A cattle gate lol) which is wide enough for a quad/bike/snowmobile to fit through.

I was out front, ripping back to camp. I look back, no one there anymore.

I was like ****, c'mon guys. Pulled over to wait. Watching for lights. (This is an estimated 2-3:30 in the morn)
I know im a fair bit faster, but you shouldnt be THAT far behind.
well crap. they musta stopped for a smoke, or a beer, or broke down.
finaly a after a few minutes later, I turn and rip back thinkin either they broke down, or worse.

Sure as ****, I see their lights, then see the gates now open.
A little closer, the quads not in a good spot...

These pics are from the next mornin when we went back to retrieve it.

201008080636.jpg

I had to beat the **** outta the rim to enable the front tire to turn wthout wedging against the upper A-arm/ball joint. Couldnt winch it onto the ruck.. the motor snapped/broke off the spool/reel etc on the winch.

201008080635.jpg

The wheels are actualy turned slightly to the right. My cuzin was pretty sore, he was driving.

201008080734.jpg

So I get there, and spanky is limping around holding his arm.
The other guy is dazed, blood running down his head.

The third machine, my inlaw, the polaris, is just sitting there not a clue what to do n ****.

so I back him up, check over spanky quick and he seemed to be mainly fine. Banged the hell up, but fine.

Get trevor over there into the light. ****.

it wasnt exactly gushing out his head, but it wasnt stoppin either.

So after a pause to recollect ourselves, I get trevor on the warrior with me, (Cuz its faster, and im more sensible than the inlaw.. lol) and spanky on with the polaris.

I began ripping back to camp and the vehicles, kept yelling at the guy to hold on tight, squeeze me. I could tell whenever he started to pas out cuz his grip would start to loosen up, his head would start bobbin off my back etc etc.

At one point he damn near slipped off. It began raining early on, n we were half frickin froze.

then sure as ****, just as I feared, I didnt have enough fuel to get back to camp!!!!

It hadnt been a concern before, and I may have made it if hadnt had to turn around, and then double another person.

running on reserve it began coughing n stuttering n dying out on me, and then thank the gods I got to the pits. wich is were all the local highschool kids etc go to party.

they even bought a big old search and rescue bus that they drive out, with a fancy stereo and many places for the drunks to pass out.

By this time its getting on around 4am-ish.

I fly in, upto the first car there, one of about 3 vehicles left.

"WHO THE FUCKS CAR IS THAT, WE NEED A RIDE!"

Turned out to be my girlfriends cuzin of all people.

by this time, Im half covered in blood, trevors covered in blood, we're half frozen.
Poor Shawn just looks at us and damn near dropped his drink.

"Holy ****! get in!"

so he drives us back to my camp, I toss the ramps off trevors truck, get him in, and away we go.

meet my inlaw and cousin on our way out, get him in the truck, and off to the hospital.

get there, the guy collapses at the front desk of the hospital.

in the end, I sat there, watched them stitch him up and all that jazz.

there was a couple cops there already, looks like they brought in some drunk/whatever teenage girls or something.

of course they see us covered in blood and all this, slurring words etc etc.

they were like what happened.

"Smashed into one those ******* gates on the trail between franchere and glendon."

Were you drinking?

"Ya, now **** off, Im not in the mood."

They kinda eyed us up n all that, but eventualy found better things to do, as we werent leaving till we'd been checked out.. of course I wasnt there to be checked out, but meh.

Besides, I fix their cars and do thier oil changes at my work.

(Ironicaly, I found out today at work that a co-wprker got put in the slam for the night and day, a misunderstanding because of some new jumpy cop.. trainy or from the city we dont know, but funny as **** since he rushed in and pepper sprayed everyone, including the other cops!!! and then pulled his gun. but thats a whole other storey.. lol)

at any rate, they stitched him up, let us out, we stopped at 7/11 grabbed some coffee n fuel, then went and retrieved the machines.. mine first of course.

when we loaded his quad I slammed the tailgate shut. he just kinda blinked.

he could never close his tailgate with the quad in it before.. lol

anyways.. lotsa good times. Lessons learnt.. maybe.. machine wrote off.

now my baffle/silencer/guts of my muffler/supertrapp is forcing its way out. lol

And people comming up again this comming weekend!! lol
(Different people.. lol)

OH! On a side note, I caught a CAN-am DS650 on one of the trails!!! He had about a 2 min start to boot!! Of course I was going hard n fast as I could push that thing, but ****.. I still cant belive how quick I caught him!!!

He ended up being at the pit party, and turned out to be a guy whose truck I fixed at work.

I've never been happier with the warrior than then, even though its not pefectly tunned yet. Well that and having it hold together for the emergency dash for camp ordeal.. lol

Holy **** man, sounds like your buddy is lucky, could have been a hell of a lot worse!! Good times though, bet youll never forget that story next time you hop on your ride drinkin.... :) cheers

where do you live? sounds exciting, moving there next week

that sounds familour lol. but in the middle of december with 2 foot of snow and no beer haha

Back