Performance?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaz9291

Reaction score
I'm still pretty new to atermarket things for ATV's, but stock the Warrior will do about 62 MPH right? Well mine came with a full pro circuit exhuast and a jetted carb and dunlop tires (I don't remember the size but the treads look like the outline of a rectangle sorta like this: [ ]) also it's got a new airfilter, but I don't know what kind. Oh and I'm 147 pounds. What kind of performance upgrade do I get out of those things? How much faster can it go (top speed) does it help torque? About how much HP am I at with these parts on it.

Oh and how do you tell the tooth ratio or w/e on the quad, and where do you look? Lol, I'm a real noob to this stuff but I want to learn so I can do minor things with my quad.

Thanks.

With the exhuast, jeeting filter and tires you are anrent gaining to much on speed i had all that stuuf on my old warrior proflow intake, exhuast, tires, up'ed the gearing and i would guess i was topping maybe if that 65max not much more than stock most of those parts really helped me out on torqe and the little bit of ummmff i needed in the woods so figure your around there maybe a little more or less. But as far as finding out what your gear ratio is like for example 14/40 the first number is how many teeth are on your front sprocket and the 40 is how many teeth are on the rear sprocket. Hey i am in sussex Ney Jersey where in central are you ?

The reason for such a low MPH on a Warrior is a few things. Stock 18HP isn't **** and in the upper RPM the stock motor falls flat on it's face. 62 is a good number as most people can't even acheve that. Dropping down to 20" tires lowers MPH even more, 13/40 is the stock sproket tooth combo, so to keep the gearing close a 14/39 combo will be needed with 20 inch tires. A pipe, jetting and a good filter put you around 22 23HP and 62MPH will probably be able to be had. Your not going to gain any real MPH without going into the engine and doing at least a cam and spring change.

Trail Warrior, I'm in Monmouth county, and thanks for the help guys.

Back