People with race cams come on in...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but Ja the DID chain might have stronger material then stock, plus it's smaller so it's lower friction.

Jason How do you figure you don't need to pull the head???? The valve spring compressor needs to press against the valve???
e90ecd74.jpg

i have 3 types of compressors sitting in the garage, the engine is pretty much new so the chain should be like new also. My brother has a 04 with exact same stuff done to it as mine and we are neck and neck so i got this cam and hopefully ill smoke him in a race now lol. I aint telling him that im putting it in :p

Jason How do you figure you don't need to pull the head???? The valve spring compressor needs to press against the valve???
e90ecd74.jpg

You put air pressure in the spark plug hole and that holds the valves up in the head. There all types of spring compressors to do the job.

I've changed the springs many times on chevy motors without pulling the head. Just make sure the piston is at top dead .

... well i said screw it and imma pull the head anyhow.... lol bought a piston to up the compression now too....

Ive changed valve seals on small block chevy before, you have to make a adaptor to pump air in the spark plug hole, about 100 pounds pressure , make shore you valves are closed, the air will keep you valves closed so you can take the springs out,

Back