People from VA check this out....it is not good

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastfirstgen

Reaction score
i have read there are 2 new bills currently before the general assembly to ban all atvs and dirtbikes from being operated within 500 feet of any dwelling in va.....heres the kicker....it includes your own home.....the penalty for a first time offense is a class 4 misdemeanor and the second offense is a class 3 misdemeanor.....this is a bunch of bullshit....i dont know if any of you have heard of this.....does anybody know anything more about it???

nah i havent heard anything bout this but if that is true then that is some major BS....hopefully its not true because most of my riding is done near houses

wow that sux i'm pretty sure it won't pass and if it does you could say its violatin your rights or something..... if not then, you better sure as hell no how to run from the popo

You guys in VA need to get on the phone/email to your representatives. This is not the first state trying this. Oregon has several bills being presented to ban atv's to anyone under age 12. This **** is starting to get out of control.

But we live in a free country, that our ancestors died for protecting. Hopefully their not rolling over in their graves in disgust. Sounds like the NIMBYs are really becomming a problem.
The 18th amendment was passed to ban all alchohol consumption, those wacky people got thir wish that it would creat a better life, well all it did was create the mob and lots of crime. What I'm tring to say is, they can ban these things all they want, people will still ride them illigally, but that is the problem and injuiries will rise because of poor riding conditions and areas. The problem needs to addressed instead of banned.

good god..... what else can they do to us...

Thats plain BS..... if this ever happened you can bet that id still ride...

what is their reason for it? noise or something? That would be total bs. There's tons of **** that make more noise than a quad.

If its for noise its bullshit cuz most lawn mowers, snowblowers and chainsaws and other **** are louder than quads.

it was defeated 10nay to 9yea vote on 2-2-07 close call it just goes to show the stupid things our tax money goes for(stupid people and stupid rules)

yeah the one was defeated but the other one passed 15 yeas to 0 nays.....i dont know what the difference in them is or if there is a significant difference tho

Back