parking break issue making quad run funny

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woosimons

Reaction score
has anybody had an issue with their quad running like **** due to the parking break (maybe the cable?) if i have the nut tightened up by the parking break lever, it'll bog down and run like complete ****....but as soon as i start to loosen that cable some, BAM, lol, quits bogging and runs good!! also, i do still have an issue with, while sitting at an idle, if i hammer the throttle it'll bog and wanna die...could that all be related...gas flow is good, carb looks good. no aftermarket mods on this quad at all...
headscratch.gif

Look up how to bypass the parking brake, that may solve that issue. As far as it bogging, make sure the accelerator pump isn't stuck and is functioning properly. Look up the pen spring mod and valve cap mod on here and that might fix you up. You said carb looks good, did you by chance check the air filter? If it can't breath, it won't run.

If the parking brake is engaged it will bog when hitting the accelerator due to the safety switch. Bypass the safety switch.

Yea all warrior owners should just bypass that thing. When do u really need it!? If your towing the quad just put a plastic tie down around the front brake lever to keep it engaged.

Look up how to bypass the parking brake, that may solve that issue. As far as it bogging, make sure the accelerator pump isn't stuck and is functioning properly. Look up the pen spring mod and valve cap mod on here and that might fix you up. You said carb looks good, did you by chance check the air filter? If it can't breath, it won't run.

Yes...the air filter and the spark plug were the first two things I checked. Along with the air box boot, and all looks good....the accelerator pump, however, I did not check ...thanks for the advice!!

If the parking brake is engaged it will bog when hitting the accelerator due to the safety switch. Bypass the safety switch.

The horrible thing is, even when i try to engage the parking break, it doesn't work, lol. cable must be loose or something. I just know when I loosen the cable up some, it runs much better...except for the bog I get when i try to give it full throttle while sitting at an idle, it's fine from idle up to 3/4 throttle..but once i get going, i can punch it and its fine. What safety switch are you talking about, and where is it located please? (i don't really know too much about how to fix these things, lol)

what would be the correct way to fix this problem tho, instead of bypassing this?

I have NEVER heard of anybody fixing the parking brake problem. Bypassing it is usually one of the first things guys do to their warriors, it's just a pain in the ass waiting to happen. Follow the wire down from the brake lever under the hood to the connectors, unplug the connectors and plug them into each other. If it runs fine after you get going and only seems to bog when going from idle to wot, your accel pump is most likely stuck. Mine acted the same way and so did my neighbors. Pull the bowl off the carb, remove the accel pump and clean off the crusty residue that is on it, take the little spring that was under it and throw it away. Replace that spring with a spring from a clicker style ink pen and reassemble. If it still has a little hesitation, remove the black plastic side cover and place a valve stem cap over the top of the accel pump rod. The cap takes up the slack between the accel pump rod and the piece that pushes it down. No more hesitation, unless your carb is jetted/adjusted wrong.

Last edited:
Yea all warrior owners should just bypass that thing. When do u really need it!? If your towing the quad just put a plastic tie down around the front brake lever to keep it engaged.

Or just put it in gear....lol

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

I have NEVER heard of anybody fixing the parking brake problem. Bypassing it is usually one of the first things guys do to their warriors, it's just a pain in the ass waiting to happen. Follow the wire down from the brake lever under the hood to the connectors, unplug the connectors and plug them into each other. If it runs fine after you get going and only seems to bog when going from idle to wot, your accel pump is most likely stuck. Mine acted the same way and so did my neighbors. Pull the bowl off the carb, remove the accel pump and clean off the crusty residue that is on it, take the little spring that was under it and throw it away. Replace that spring with a spring from a clicker style ink pen and reassemble. If it still has a little hesitation, remove the black plastic side cover and place a valve stem cap over the top of the accel pump rod. The cap takes up the slack between the accel pump rod and the piece that pushes it down. No more hesitation, unless your carb is jetted/adjusted wrong.

I've seen the arm that pushes the rod down get stuck too check that

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

do to frys and buy velcro staps and wrap it around the front brake to the handle bar if you want a true reliable parking brake.

im having the same bogg problem.i dont understand what u mean. unplug and then plug into eachother? theres only 1 wire.what wires do i plug into eachother.

Back