parking brake and nuetral safety switch keeping my quad from starting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001workedwarrior

Reaction score
How do I disable the parking brake switch and the nuetral safety switch? I'm not getting spark and think this might be the problem. I rode my quad in the mud awhile back ran great and two days later it wouldn't start. What could have happened while it was sitting for two days? It doesn't have any spark but it does turn over.

you just unplug them and the one with the nipple connectors you just connect the 2 ends together down in the harness and the other safety switch with the white plugs you just unplug and that's it

I dought that's the problem check your coil pack under the hood and make sure the orange wire is still plugged into it and make sure the ground wire is still there too

Last edited:
Yep there both unplugged correctly and the orange wire and both grounds are good. What else could just stop working all of the sudden?

check all plugs in harness other than that it could be the stator pick-up coil or the cdi are 2 possibility's if all connections are good

Its not the cdi I already tried swapping one off another quad. What should I do to check the connections? Just take them apart and put them back together? Can the stator pick up coil just go bad from sitting though because it ran fine before I shut it off for two days

mine went on my 01 and some days she would start and some days she wouldn't have any spark and just turn over
get a digital ohm meter and check it I believe Bones has a thread with the correct readings they should be putting out.
I'll see if I can find it and post it here for ya man.

not that I can think of but if someone else on here can think of something else to check I'm sure they will chime in

hey man the same thing happend to my raptor, i changed the pickup coil but it was actually the stator. it would help buying a new plug aswell

that's why ya need to test the stator and pick up coil and source coil with an ohm meter it could save you a lot of money in the end
cause it could just be the pick up or source coil that is bad because they are the most common things to go bad not the stator itself.

Back