painting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawfox9

Reaction score
i am not sure if anybody has posted about painting the a arms...but i am wondering what looks good on a raptor and what kinds of paint can i use so that the paint wont chip easily when riding through grass......any suggestions would be great thanks!!!

Truly, there's not much you can do that will be durable. Any kind of spray paint just doesn't have the durability and will get worn down and torn off pretty quick. Regular automotive type paint would be more durable, but the real stuff needs to be baked on, which isn't really an option with the non-removable ball joints. Powder coating has the ultimate durability, but that too needs to be baked on, which isn't going to be good for those ball joints. Your best option is probably just use some cheap rust-inhibiting spray paint, and then go over it from time to time when it starts looking rough.

No paint is gonna stay on your a-arms very long. Your best be would be to paint them and put some a-arm guards on if you want them to look good.

How about high temp paint?? I suppose it would be dull as **** though.?

High temp never really seemed to be more durable than regular paint to me.

Back