Painting?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahabud

Reaction score
I was going to paint the header with some engine spray paint. Is this a good idea, is there anything that could be bad with that? I know with exhaust tape, it holds moisture, and rust the exhaust. So i wanted to paint it to make it look good.

Also, is there a gasket in between the head and the exhaust? If so, I would go buy 1 before taking it apart.

there is a gasket in there. it looks like a brass washer/ring. also, dont use engine paint. it wont last. go with header paint. most auto parts stores have it. it can withstand higher temps.

header paint didnt work for me either though. Jet hot is the way to go, and or cermic coating, or you could just buy a nice stainless header and be done with it.

VHT exhaust paint.

Or, Black Krylon becomes WHITE POWDER COAT when hot....

I put barbaque paint on the rear, stock pipe. The paint can says it can hold up to 1000 degrees. Not sure if it will be good for the header too?

Is the gasket reusable? Most gaskets like that just fall apart and can't be reused.

i picked up a can of "heat resistant" paint at wal-mart. im gona paint my stock silencer with it. its suppose to be good up to 1200 degrees, so you might try that.

yeah my brother got that stuff and it bubbles and cracks and eventually dirt gets caked on and it chipps off

Yes and truthfully my header looked better rusty than what it does now.

Back