Painting the axle?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chrome paint never looks like chrome. If you were going to paint it there is only one paint that I would use. Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy, it is the most durable spray paint you can get at the local hardware. To prep your axle sand it really well so there is no rust left. For best paint adhesion, sand blast it, however 400 grit sand paper will do a pretty good job. Use wax and grease remover, then let it dry. Now paint. Thin coats, allowing time to flash between coats. DO NOT RECOAT AFTER 30 MIN. Must wait a week to recoat or it will lift.

Tyler said:
What does the wax and grease remover do?

removes wax and grease?
seems like a no brainier to me :p

no it just cleans it REALLY good so the paint is drying to the axle and not dust, metal particles, dirt, and grease. rust and a dirty surface are the 2 main reasons for paint flaking

warriorgirl09 said:
Tyler said:
What does the wax and grease remover do?

removes wax and grease?
seems like a no brainier to me :p

no it just cleans it REALLY good so the paint is drying to the axle and not dust, metal particles, dirt, and grease. rust and a dirty surface are the 2 main reasons for paint flaking

what she said. It removes wax and grease. A solvent will work too as long as it doesn't leave any type of residue.

Back