PaintBall

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atv

Reaction score
I just got a Tippmann 98 custom and was wondering if anyone else does anything with paintball guns? i just bought a 20oz co2 tank and shot my gun for the first time today and figured id make a post... well heres my gun
PaintBallGunandMask.jpg

PaintBallGun.jpg

not bad, i used to be on a speedball team, i had an autococker- ans gx-4 w/ a 110ci nitro tank and a richochet apache hopper

I have a 98 custom like that. I put a 7" drop forward with pressure gauge on it to balance it out a little, I can't stand the tank being mounted all the way at the back of the grip like that. They're a good working gun, but a real bitch to work on and clean out compared to other stuff, like spyders. I have a Spyder TL that's currently broken because a spring in the trigger frame disappeared, but I could take that thing down to all the individual pieces, clean and oil everything, and have it back together in 20 minutes and never have one of those "where did that piece come from" moments. The first time I took that 98 custom apart, I thought i'd never get it to work again.

i had about a 4-5 in drop on mine, the tank was huge tho---- autocockers rock

i used to go paint balling a lot before i sold my gun. theres an awesome place about 20 miles from my house called paintball city and me and a few of my friends used to go down there every other weekend until my friend got shot in the nuts

I am big into paintball. My gun in progress is a halfblocked Cocker with a Eblade and all the extras. I will post all the pics of my current and past guns (mostly cockers)

P1010213-2.jpg

Current (In progress)

P1010202-1.jpg

Current (2k2 Cocker with all 2k4 parts and AKA internals, super smooth)

P1010230.jpg

Kinda current, made 2 into one but split them back apart into 2 again.

gun55.jpg

gunbike.jpg

gungrass.jpg

2k3 Matrix, traded for the green cocker

ionsell1.jpg

Ion, POS

newgunpic.jpg

Parted out and sold, most parts are on the green gun.

I've been playing for about 5 years now and these are just my guns from 2005-2006 season.

Wow that halfblock is B/a. I was huge into paintball until that past couple months when i got my fourhwheeler. I bought and sold guns all over www.pbnation.com . One of my favorites was my 98 custom pro. The only stock part on it was the shell. I had an APE board it in. talk about fast.

O and to the post starter. Want to buy a viewloader revolution hopper to feed that beast?

I used to play PB a lot when I was in high school...owned a bushmaster and it was the **** at the time because it was before everything went electronic

Speeking of balls i need to buy some... andd im looking for some mods to do to it ( I know i only shot it 2 times ) what would be the best mod? ive been looking for barrles and dont really want to go past 12''

I have spent a total of $700 on all those guns. The halfblock has about $30 into it so far. 30, not 300.

I get good deals on PBNation ;) . It helps to know a couple mods and cocker techs though

if your looking for a cheap but decent 14in. barrel get a whisper barrel by 32* i have one on my cocker and is never failed me and if your looking to spend a little money get a freak JR. by smartparts.

I really like the Smart Parts All American I have, you can get different tips for it to change the length for about $40 I think. A Dye Ultralight would be the best barrel if you want to spend a little more. I don't know if they come in 98 threads, and they are a lot more money. Since it is an open bolt gun, you don't need a barrel kit, just get a large bore (.688-.692) and it will shoot darts.

Links from Action Village, Best to Worst (14 inch, same would apply for 12 inch as well)
Pepper Stick http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=k1AwhwkcqG4wO0yLTXPwLwO6LKPoHafzS5A=?ProductID=qDXAqArb1QgAAAEFaRcC1MXJ
Ceramic
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=k1AwhwkcqG4wO0yLTXPwLwO6LKPoHafzS5A=?ProductID=X3GsFAY7KCYAAAD3YyelA_2t
Whisper
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=k1AwhwkcqG4wO0yLTXPwLwO6LKPoHafzS5A=?ProductID=VPisFAY7sJEAAAD3UzSlA_2t

(copy and paste links)

Those are all good barrels, I just sorted into my personal preference. They are all great.

I used to play a lot but havn't played in about a year. I still have an old school blue 99 truth series angel led and an 04 WGP pro stock. i've also got a 68/4500 tank and evo 2 hopper. The angel is for sale if anyone is interested shoot me a pm. It still works great and comes with a charger.

For the tippmann your going to want to buy a 14" jandJ ceramic... out of all the barrels ive used on mine its the only one that is predicatable eve on the rare occation it does break one.... 4 balls later it shoots straight..

Dont waste your money on an electric hopper.... that tippy at the most would pull a solid 8 balls per second. I put my electro on my tippy and it never even kicked on more than a few times.

Back