paint removal from plastics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonbug2004

Reaction score
So, I was looking over the free xr70r we got when we bought this house and cussing the boy for spray painting it! (Not to mention breaking the brake lever, removing the rear brake linkage, or taking a knife to the seat cover. All little fixes.) I was wondering if the paint would come off with some thing I had laying around.......... hvac coil cleaner ..nope, brake fluid.... nope, paint thinner.... yes, but little at a time. So my three yr old brings me my Carb cleaner that we used on his little 50...........and
2012-10-08190459.jpg

After five minutes of work with Carb cleaner (waiting for the paint to "bubble"), a stiff nylon brush, and a rag.........
2012-10-08191601.jpg

now I'm going to sand the fine scratches out. Should turn out nice. Maybe this will help someone else make a job little easier.

Yep Carb cleaner! It shocked the **** out of me how easy the paint just wiped off(in flakes) . Plus it only cost $1.97 a can!!! Took about a half a can per side.

Back