Paddle Tires. Which are the best?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
So I've been looking at some different brands of paddle tires. There are so many different designs out there, and they really vary in price.

Which would be best for loose course sand, that is often damp.
I'm looking for some that are fairly cheap.

:atv:

Skat Tracs are by far the best, but also pricey. If your looking for somethin cheaper on the price point than skat traks. I have gbc sand shark 2's. They seam to do pretty well on my warrior. They have a shorter paddle height and don't seam to lug down the engine near as bad as some others I've used. Itp sand stars are a great tire at a decent price.

Im still trying to find a decent used pair of paddles for winter to compliment my ski mod

Skat Tracs are by far the best, but also pricey. If your looking for somethin cheaper on the price point than skat traks. I have gbc sand shark 2's. They seam to do pretty well on my warrior. They have a shorter paddle height and don't seam to lug down the engine near as bad as some others I've used. Itp sand stars are a great tire at a decent price.
The last thing I'm worried about is pull'n the motor down.. lol
I could throw a roost with 31" boggers on the back!

But yah..
I don't wanna spend to much, but like I said at the start of the thread. I need a tire thats good in "course" wet sand.
So I need to know if I would need taller, or shorter paddles? Or a different design all together..
I've never bought a paddle tire in my life, so this is kinda new to me.

I had some ITP Sand Stars for my z400. Never used them but they looked like they were good and from what I heard from everybody that did use them, they were good. IDK

STRAIGHT you only want STRAIGHT ribbed paddles not that v crap unless you dont plan on drags

If you trail ride you want the v-paddles. I have used both. The straight paddles like to hook and push you though the turns. I tried Skat Trak Extreme 8 paddles for one ride and had to go put my Sand Sharks back on. Just about took out some trees in the curves too many times. As for v-paddles, a buddy of mine has tried them all. He says the Sand Stars are the best all around paddle for the money. He now has a set on both his Honda and Yamaha.

Well it sucks about those sand snakes. I liked those rims. lol
I'm just gonna keep my eyes out around here. Maybe something cool will come along for cheap.
But as another note.. How hard would it be to slap some honda hubs on my axle?

I've got some 10 paddle Haulers, 20" 66RO if anyone's interested. Switched to some big tires, that's the only reason I'm selling them...

I've got some 10 paddle Haulers, 20" 66RO if anyone's interested. Switched to some big tires, that's the only reason I'm selling them...
How much do you want for them, and do they come with rims?

easy as pie if your splines have a bit of wear
Are you sure? Cause I can get some honda 300ex hubs for free.. I don't think those sand stars look to bad, and I could probably get them fairly cheap.

I had 400ex rear wheels and hubs on the blue 92 I had. for some reason the 400ex rear hubs went on the 92 warrior's axle splines no problem but when I tried to put them on my 02 warrior the splines on the 02 axle were to big for the Honda hubs which I thought was pretty weird

haulers 92

So I called around Lethbridge, and I can get some 22x11x9 Kenda dune runners for $85 a piece brand new.. Do you guys think thats a good deal?

Last edited:
Back