only run on choke?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylinegtr

Reaction score
hello,

Well just got a used 87 warrior but I have a problem. It is fresh off a engine rebuild, it was bored .040, but now there is a problem. It will only run with the choke on, or if you constantly rev it.

I think that it is running lean but I can not figure how to fix i tried adjusting the external fuel screw with no help. so I think that the pilot jet might be too small??? is this something that can be adjusted or do I need to get a new jet? I am fairly new to carbs but I read the other posts about how they work etc. but before I tear down I want to get an Idea of where I am going.

or I might be completely off, not sure, I'm open to any help.

thanks

The screw only adjusts like 5 % of throttle, try bumping up your main jet?

It sounds like you have a clog somewhere, pilot jets don't just magically get too small, and an engine rebuild shouldn't make much of a difference in jetting.

I'd take the carb apart and clean all the passages and jets, and check the operation of the floats and needle valve. When you take the bowl off don't lose that spring, everybody does it and it kills the throttle response.

well ..
tried a few things today. . .

a. pulled carb twiceand cleaned throughout .. no help
b. changed fuel filter and drained gas . . still not much help

damn thing is hard to pull lol. . my arms are tired

Back