one-way repair

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons18w

Reaction score
OK some help here is always available. So what would you suggest in replacing the one-way? Ne tricks or advice is a aftermarket available or worth it? Also will the flywheel puller act as the press also? Wish me luck on this one lol its been a short hard ride since Ive gotten this animal!!!! Ready to hear it roar gonna post pics soon

thanks ive read that very good. but still tring to figure out if all i need is the flywheell puller or do i need a press also?

Ok just finished that. Great help here. I have the battery on the charge. Hopefully it will be running to catch santa tonight. This has been a big headache. Hopefully its over now. The guy gave me 200 back on the engine so i have 200 + 100 on shipping in it the crank shaft shows a little wear with the flywheel off????? let me know what you think about that. Thanks and merry x-mas to all!!!!!

Ok just finished that. Great help here. I have the battery on the charge. Hopefully it will be running to catch santa tonight. This has been a big headache. Hopefully its over now. The guy gave me 200 back on the engine so i have 200 + 100 on shipping in it the crank shaft shows a little wear with the flywheel off????? let me know what you think about that. Thanks and merry x-mas to all!!!!!

You can't see the connecting rod bearing from there.. you have to disassemble the whole thing and press the crank pin out which not very people have the tooling to do that.
The roller bearings almost never go bad unless a piece of metal gets in one. or runs out of oil.
There should be any wear on the flywheel. I would just check the one way bearing and inside gear/hub that it rides on for wear.

OK thanks the oneway assembly is good .The wear is on the shaft under the flywheel where the shaft tapers to the grooved end with the threaded hole?? If that makes sense? But its back together and running will check the plug tommorow. Its fresh so then i can ask you about the carb then..lol thanks for all the help and not being upset by my ignorance!!

OK thanks the oneway assembly is good .The wear is on the shaft under the flywheel where the shaft tapers to the grooved end with the threaded hole?? If that makes sense? But its back together and running will check the plug tommorow. Its fresh so then i can ask you about the carb then..lol thanks for all the help and not being upset by my ignorance!!

No there shouldn't be any wear there as well because the flywheel is keyed to the shaft. The only think you will see is when you pull the flywheel off it might scuff it or something. Nothing to worry about there.
I think what that gets me is that many people think there still on a phone texting there friends. You're not, I can't understand gibberish. I understand I'm not perfect either and thats not what I'm tring to get at..

i WAS REFERING TO NOT KNOWING MUCH ABOUT THE MECHINAL WORKS OF THIS MONSTER NEED A NEW chain rooler .....opps dodnt see the caps...Sorry but i either had the chain too tight or something but after a good 25 min it was toast owell no biggie thanks Will check the plug next weekend and let ya know gotta head to georgia for thursday gotta make some money lol have a happy new year!!!

Back