OMG why will it not start!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I had put a smaller jet in it and still did the same and I did the ohms test on the ignition coil and it was to low of a number and was getting weak spark so I am going to buy the coil and got the cheap stator put in now until I get a better one so it should do its job. I also had another problem my brother and uncle were working on my quad with out telling me which made me angry and now I can not use the start button to crank it over I check everything electrical and it was good so I would like some help on that. Thanks

so would the ignition coil not make it start it sparks some times and tested it on the manual i had for it and it was lower than the numbers?

Does anyone know why the start button will not work there is nothing when I hit it and I can jump the starter solenoid and it will crank? Anyone know the fix to this will really be helpful.

no the fuse is brand new and is hooked right but u can jump it at the starter silinoid and crank it. the starter button it worked one day and the next day not and still doesn't work

Mine acts goofy like that after I wash it sometimes. I can peck on the solenoid and wiggle the wires and get it going. Haven't found the precise place that's not gettin good connection.

I just had the same problem with my starter button not working. After disassembling the switch and checking the contacts, it still did not work. I found that the small red wire from the starter solenoid came off. Be sure to check that the 2 small wires on the solenoid are good. I reconnected it and it turned right over!

The red and red/white stripe run to the push button I'm pretty sure. I pulled all the connections apart and yammed dielectric grease in the water proof covers just for reliability. In the process I apparently wiggled a permanent connection a lil loose.

Ik it has been a while but I tore the warrior down again to put a good case side on and found out the head had a bent exhaust valve so I had swapped it with a head I was rebuilding all new valves and rockers so I have a new problem with no spark and found out it was the cdi so I need a 1997 cdi with the wires that come out not the cdi that plugs in. I really hope it runs once back together and I also need a case saver and the meal chain guard if you can tell me the best brand for those would be great. thanks

Back