OMG why will it not start!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterEnergyWarrior

Reaction score
So my warrior is hard to start it has good compression getting fuel and spark and ignition. So I don't think the stator is bad because Im getting good spark and the bike wouldn't run if the cdi box is bad. It has a new carb and jetted just yesterday rebuilt the starter motor, it has a new battery to. I checked the fuse and is great the coil is good and I really don't know what else to say. I have literaly been pulling my hair out on this bike I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.
UGH SO FUSTRATED PLEASE HELP:argh:​

the timing is right on i may try to roll start it but it has never ran since i did the topend rebuild

yes and it didn't want to do anything but crank i know it is getting fuel when i take the spark plug out and it is wet and has spark when i crank it you can see fuel blow out the spark plug hole so i know it has good compression it has a new wiseco high compression piston that i put in it.

when i did the rebuild it started up and i did the 15min idle session and had let it cool down all the way down and then it didn't want to start anymore so what could have caused that?

Try and pop start it behind another quad if it fires up let it warm up and see if it starts easy after that. Let it cool down over night and try to start it cold again if it won`t start replace the stator. I know you have spark and the stator might ohm out ok but I`ve seen that issue on a lot of Warriors over the years.

Do a compression test to be sure the compression is okay. Just because it blows fuel out the plug hole doesn't mean the compression is good enough to run. I say that because I have seen fresh rebuilds start and run the first time and not start again because they stuck the rings while cooling off after the first time they were run.

Did compression test today and it was good. My brother had came in from another state and he knows a lot about these warriors and we were checking the relays and the starter relay. The starter relay was good but the main and neutral relays were just **** which we had hot wired the relays (neutral) and now my neutral light came on so that relay was bad and the other one was **** to so they are in the mail and I will be buying a stator but where should I buy one I mean I don't want any **** I really want something that will stay working hopefully I will get the bike running by next week.

If you pull the spark plug out and it is wet, the engine is flooded. Too much fuel. A plug laying across the head will probably spark, but it probably won't when in the cylinder under compression. As others have said on this site and others, clean the carb. When finished, clean it again. Then try a new spark plug. The problem is probably in the needle and seat. Be sure and take the seat out, don't just blow through and call it good. A little piece of fuzz in there had me chasing my tail for a wee bit of time. Put an in line fuel filter in the tank to carb hose. How old is your fuel? It can loose octane very quickly. Good luck.

I have a brand new carb on it so it good for clean has new fuel filter and has brand new gas in the tank.

I'd recommend trying to bump start it by dragging it behind another quad, like someone else already mentioned. My only other idea is that you are too rich and flooding it, but your jetting seems close.

Back