Older Warrior Rear end Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremyc1999

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to this forum, but I have been riding 4 wheelers since I was in High School. My dad gave me this project to get it out of his garage. It is an older warrior that was my brothers. He started to redo the rear end and never finished. I figured I'll have to put some $$ into it, but I think it'll be worth it once I get it going. My problem is, I don't know what I have or what I need, or how to do it. I am cheap and don't want to go out and buy a repair manual, but I guess if I have to, I will. I have taken lots of pictures and if people can help me Identify parts and Pieces, I would appreciate it. Now for some Pictures
100_0469.jpg

100_0481.jpg

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0494.jpg

More pics available upon request

I am planning on replacing the bearings. I found the needed information, son now I have a parts schematic and can get started. I will keep updating with pictures, etc.. as for bearings, should I order them from the local yamaha dealer, or find some on ebay?

Ohh and i did notice your parking brake is missing.. id reccomend a 7 dollar blockoff from tusk.... its nothing but problems

Thanks, Do you have a link where I might be able to get one?

Also, I was wondering if there is a trick to taking out the dust cover to get to the oil seal and the bearing. Here is what I am up against (items 9, 10, and 11 on p. 6-6 of the service manual)
100_0496.jpg

100_0495.jpg

take the axle out and put the carrier in to a vice or if you dont have one put it on the quad and put the bolts thro it to hold it then take a sccrew driver and they should pop out witha little but of force and for the block off kit and for a new chain and whatever else you need go to rockymountainatv.com also they have bearings for the rear end for like 6 bucks or something they are called international bearings but they work great i have had mine in for a while now and have had no problems

thanks, I guess my next question is how do I take the axle out?? It's funny you mention that web site. I went to work today and a fellow worker told me to go there.

I just ordered the remainder of the parts I need to get this beast up and running. after I placed the order, my fater called me and told me he found the title and the year was 1988. I was thinking it was a 1987 so I ordered all the parts for an 87. Will this make a difference? I ordered a bearing kit, a battery, some D8EA spark plugs, a block off plate, an oil filter, and some brake pads. From everthing I have been able to find so far, 1987-89 were the same parts. Is this true or do I need to call and change my order?

Jeremy

Well, I got it all apart and found that I am going to need a new axle. the one I have is severly bent. I was wondering are all the years interchangeable or do I have to get one specifically for a 1988 warrior? Is there a good place to get one for inexpensive? I see that rockymountainatv.com has a dura blue for 254. I don't think I need a dura blue axle, I would just prefer to find a stock axle for less money. If I do end up going with a dura blue, do I need any other parts (hubs, bearings, etc...) or do my stock parts work??

Thanks,
Jeremy

rockymountain has a G-force axle thats pretty cheap and adjustable..if i ever need an axle for my warrior thats what im gunna get..u would need any other parts for the durablue..the G-force comes with locknuts..

jeremyc1999, i recommend putting a grease fitting into the bearing carrier, it will definately extend the life of your bearings, just make sure you remove the inner bearing seal, so the grease can get to the bearings. put it right in the middle of the carrier so it is nice and easy to grease. its cheap preventative maintenance.

Hmm, interesting, so you just drill out the axle carrier and insert a grease cert? Do you have a picture to see placement?? That is a very good Ideal. I think i will do that

no, it says cobra on the side of the pipe, should research it more, but I'm lazy

Back