Old 87 I got cheap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
An old crappy 87 I picked up cheap, it needs a crank, funny thing is it runs perfect just knocks.

Picture053.jpg

Picture052.jpg

whats up with the balck to red frame. I thought 87's were J-Arms ??? looks good for an 87 a good cleanin and some tlc your good. what do you plan on doing resale?

Not bad. I've seen a hell of a lot worse and at least it is salvagable. Have fun with that. :D

Just out of curiosity, what'd you pay for it?

Here are the list of problems, Battery box broke off and batt. fell out, so now it can only be pull started, someone put all new hardware in the bearing carrier and it's wrong so the axle isn't really strait, the shifter is worn bad (normal). Anyway I have an 88 frame thats perfect, a 91 swing arm and 2002 bearing carrier, another whole motor I built, a 2002 carb, renthal bars, MSR clutch perch, 2001 wiring harness, HMF pipe. It'll be a nice secondary quad.lol

do u buy anything besides warriors? Doesnt look to bad though..
You really can't get anything else this cheap, and thats because there is an abundance of them and parts around. Most Banshees don't go cheaper then $2000 no matter how old, forget the 250R, the LT250R still goes for $1500 or better, same with the LT 500R, and there aren't as many parts available for the old Suzukis either, The only other quad I like thats old and can probably have for a decent price is the TRX250X, but they haven't been made in so long finding one in decent shape for cheap is hard.

Damn, pretty good score for $200. Looks like it would make a good "loaner quad" to get some buddies out ridin with ya.

Damn, pretty good score for $200. Looks like it would make a good "loaner quad" to get some buddies out ridin with ya.
Yeah I was figuring once I get it running reliably, that would be the idea, mabe even get someone to get their own, it worked on me years ago.lol

whats up with the balck to red frame. I thought 87's were J-Arms ??? looks good for an 87 a good cleanin and some tlc your good. what do you plan on doing resale?

The early Banshee's were the ones with the J-arms

ahhhh ^ thats what i thought but then some reason thought the warrior 87 was that too, thanks

Well pulled the motor appart, and found the con rod bore to be worn, causing the piston to wabble in it's bore. Well I got a used crank that works pretty good so it looks like it's going in, unfortionaly the cylinder needs to be bored because the piston wabbled itself to death.

Back