Oil Leaking Under Gear Selection Lever!?!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage96

Reaction score
I have a 1996 yamaha warrior and it has had an oil leak for probably about 10 years now, nothing big but it still leaks oil. The oil leak is located on a green wire under the foot shifter. It plugs into a terminal there. Any ideas on how i could fix this oil leak?

As does mine. I thought about putting a new switch in to see if that would help but so far ive just left it.

Yeah its the neutral switch pin. It has a seal, it likely bad, tilt the quad on its side and either take it off and inspect the switch and seal, or tighten it and see if the leak stops. Easy fix.

I think My engine at one time or another leaked out of every possible spot so I am use to these type of fixes. Damn oil, just stay in the engine!

Haha, sorry for the extremely late response. My neutral switch is still leaking and as sparkymichigan says it looks like it is leaking through the switch. Have any of you guys tried teflon tape on the threads?

You could but if its leaking through the switch like mine was tape wont help
I got one from an eBay seller in Israel genuine Yamaha but isn't the right length.
So don't buy from him

Yeah ive looked at that neutral switch on ebay from israel before. I almost bought i a few weeks ago. Thanks for the heads up. I will check my local dealer and see if i can get a part number.

The neutral switch seems to be the same for most yamaha atv's across the board. This is the part number that i found and it looks just like mine.

PART #:3GB-82540-01

you could also try Boats.net they have the complete parts finch and have just about everthing from bolts to bearings for the warriors

Back