oil gallery bolt

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons18w

Reaction score
:'( Read about a oil pump going out right after rebuild......So i went to check that I had oil on my top end.........I do and plenty of it with a broken gallery bolt.....******* luck of mine it never fails. So do I try and take it out or just swap top ends? I have a spare but will have to swap the cam and valve and springs.So what is the best way???

I bet if you drill a hole in the bolt with a reverse drill bit it would come right out or a extractor.

Thats what my mech. (car) said...You think that i will have to pull the motor out to do it?

Yeah thats not a biggie.Just have had one thing after another with this thing.I have worked on it more than ive rode it. I atleast want to break it before i have to fix it.....

sometimes this happens.. this is why I always stress to take your time and do the job right that way you don't have problems in the long run.

Yes I agree. Maybe Im overpowered....lol But i rember thinking not to overtighten didnt want to have a problem checking it later......

Well with the carb and tank and plastics off it looks like i can get to it. Maybe have to take the forward / reverse selector off to get more access....

Back