Ohlines vs Works for the warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsmith133

Reaction score
which are all around better shocks for the money???
just wondering because this is my next purchase and id like to know. btw should i be running banshee ST length shocks or? should i be running banshee LT length shocks. cuz im running wicked +3 arms and i dont want it to sit to high. just the right amount. i basically need shock help like which shocks plus what lengths i need. im talking about front shocks btw. thanks guys

Ohlins are the **** you need standard travel sprung for the +3 and remember banshee shocks are sprung a bit lighter than warrior so if you need 170 warrior you might need 190 banshee

You can find YFZ shocks fairly cheap from time to time.. Their a bit longer than a stock warrior shock, (15, 5/8 compared to 14, 1/2).

They yfz were way too long and sprung too soft

Thats not totally true, I have them on my Raptor and could not be happier with them. I have real bad neck and shoulder pain, and those shocks enabled me to ride my bike again. It glides over the rough stuff, and never bottoms out. Don't drink the Kool Aid. They work very well. Yes they are longer, but not so long it makes a differece. they only raised my bike 3/4". along with the Banshee rear shock, it was a night and day difference.

well i planon getting ohlins or work but idk which. if u could help beastly that would be great

I have the works at steelers on my 1st gen and am in LOVE with them! ZERO arm pump, back, or neck pain after the ride at Rock House last weekend.

I've never ran ohlins, so I can't comment on them. But i'm running some works black widows, doubt you'll want to pay for a set of them new but the ride great. Them along with my banshee rear and I barely feel bumps let alone jumps anymore. Made a huge difference over stock. I'd go for some mid price works if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on these. So that's my vote.

I have the shee rear and my bike feels the same. Bump? What dump? Oh, that was a jump back there?

Thats not totally true, I have them on my Raptor and could not be happier with them. I have real bad neck and shoulder pain, and those shocks enabled me to ride my bike again. It glides over the rough stuff, and never bottoms out. Don't drink the Kool Aid. They work very well. Yes they are longer, but not so long it makes a differece. they only raised my bike 3/4". along with the Banshee rear shock, it was a night and day difference.

Its not the ride height that was bad i was able to tune that with preload adjustment the problem they have is the droop goes outside the designed perameters and the first thing to bottom is the ball joints. Ball joints bottoming out all the time is and unsafe situation and will cause failure

Back