Official Tire thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I need some new front tires. I've got some holeshots with about 20% tread life on them. I ride in sand, gravel and hard dirt with some heavy rock areas. I've got Black Widows on the back. Any suggestions?

How are those with the asphalt? I often meet spots where I ride a little street too. I had brand new hole shots installed on my tri-z and they were dead in a month.

They dont give you the best of both worlds, they give you the worst of both worlds. Just stay off the pavement.

ive had my rear CST Ambush tires for almost a year now and i pretty much love em. i dont really have much of anything else to compare them to though. i really need to pair them up with something in the front for this summer but for some reason im not much of a fan of the front ambush tire look. never heard of those GBC's until now and WOW thats a great price for a 6-ply tire. still debating if i really want to go with 6-ply in the front though. im sure they hook up real nicely but id hate to loose that comfort feeling of a 4-ply and fatigue faster on those all day adventures. i think if i want 6-ply then ill go for the GBC X-Rex but if i end up wanting 4-ply ill go with the Razr's

Last edited:
oh and looks like the X-Rex is now the XC Master. they claim they have improved the bead performance. i kinda wish they changed that silly dinosaur logo to something else though.

here's some pics of my rear ambush tires after about a year worth of riding. im pretty sure i bought them about May or June with at least 2-3 full days a week riding through summer and down to at least one day a week during school till now. Arizona desert: hard pack, washes, loose dirt, jaged rocks, the occasional hey a cactus! oops! couple weeks ago i didn't even notice i picked up a cholla cactus until we stopped. i just picked out most of it until i had a bunch of stubble then let the desert clean it off for me.
P1030528_zps0e401988.jpg

P1030537_zps7d33a19f.jpg

P1030536_zps3cc519d0.jpg

the only thing i've wondered is when i bought them the tires had a very square profile to them and now they seemed to have rounded out a little. the tires say 5 lbs operating pressure so that's what i've always put in them. if you notice the left tire is slightly more rounded than the right. the right tire actually has 4 lbs in it and im wondering maybe i should just drop the pressure down to 4 for a couple rides and see how it feels in comparison. they are wearing a little fast in the center. other then that, ive gotten a lot of riding out of these tires. i rarely ever have to air them up, usually only if i do some nasty romping through some large rocks. i expect to get a number of years on these tires before considering to buy new rears. now to pair them up nicely with some fronts because im graduating in two weeks and i plan on putting some well deserved miles on this bike.

Last edited:
I have Xrex up front for strictly trails and mud and they seem awesome to me...But in comparison to most guys on here I have a tractor for a warrior...

Ambush FTW. Cheap tires in lots of sizes. Those are the next tires I'm getting, going to cut every other row out of them.

Here's what they look like cut...
20130331_015724_zpsafead8c0.jpg

WV98 yours looks pretty similar to mine so i guess i got a tractor as well. i know its off topic but how well do you fair with that ice chest on that rack. i have one but haven't put much weight on it yet cause i don't want to go a$$ up.

Not a single problem with the cooler and I load it down with an 18 pack and a bag of ice but I am on the hunt for a six pack grab bar to switch it out with just for looks...Well I am geared down to 11/40 and running 25 inch tires so thats why I say I have a tractor in comparison...Its really quick and snappy with plenty of wheel speed, but not much top end.

oh ok gotcha. that would be extremely different then. those tires probably help push the cooler forward and center the rack. idk i just have this phobia that im just going to tip over bc of how the rack sits slightly behind the tires. in a couple of weeks im just going to load up heavy and see how i do around trails near my house before i start climbing the mountains.

back in topic. ive decided im going to go with the 6 ply XC Master(XRex) tires. im thinking im going to notice how much better the bike moves, in responsiveness and probably speed too, once i get those bald fronts off and put something stiffer and with tread on it. im excited.

Last edited:
and i did find out GBC did change their logos, they are just a little slow updating the pictures.
XC_Master.jpg

i can deal with a ninja.

also evidently Discount Tire sells GBC tires. the site still shows they sell XRex but they are unavailable. maybe this weekend ill call them on prices.

the best place ive found theXC Master is $67.50 and $7 s/h on ebay.
the only place ive seen the XRex online is powersportsplace.com (59.99 free s/h) and atv maniacstore.com (59.45, 7s/h) both which ive never heard of.

Last edited:
Back