O-Ring or Non O-Ring chain?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O-Ring or Non O-Ring Chain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
Just want to see what everyone uses before I buy a new chain
advantages and disadvantages are what I'm looking for

Last edited:
:haha:Mine bathing in kerosene,,,,,,,,,but i am 20 yrs new at this

what does a 200x and a "pullyourass" indy 500 have to do with chains lol
are you high on paint fumes

kerosene for my chain.......id bath my ex in same but keep lighters away from me.......i heard it burns slow:haha:

NP i like that,,,,,but i saw a thread bout just doin chat 4 stuff (mind u) formal stuff:atv: u can go 2 my yahoo IM

It's funny how I start a chain poll and now most of the adds are for chains lmfao:haha:

Go with the o-ring chain man.. They last way longer, and aren't as prone to stretching. The non o-ring chains are cheaper for a reason.
A wise man once said "you get what you pay for"...

I did a non-o-ring chain one trip to the dunes and by the end of the weekend it was stretched beyond adjustment. Recently did a new o-ring chain. Had to adjust slightly once while there, but that was it. Still within adjustment now and plenty of room to go.

got a non oring on mine now, a little noisier, and a whole lot cheaper. adjusted once and its still set after a trip to the river. next will still probly be a oring, but at the time i bought it it was a good deal from race driven. wouldnt say not too if price was the reason, just be aware of a shortened life.

O-ring. They keep debris out and lube in. Run quieter, too. More lube makes it run cooler becuase of less friction. Less friction means less wear.

Back