Now I have carb issues, will not pin to WOT

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Reaction score
Well crap now I have carb issues, this thing is starting to piss me off and bout ready to roll it off a cliff. I thought it would ok to take mine off and check it out make sure it was clean, maybe I should have left it alone. I did the clicker spring mod and think it has something to do with it. If you pin the throttle from idle it shuts off, if you rev it a little then pin it it revs like a raped aped. It also will kinda mist gas back out the carb, this is the setup k&n filter with a precharger/outwears, hmf supertrapp running w/o disc, main is a 136 I didn't put that in there, pilot I don't know, needle clip was on 4th notch I moved to the 3rd notch no help. One thing is where does that washer on the needle jet go on top of the c clip or under it? Anybody have ideas, I am going to remove the clicker spring mod don't think that as anything to do with it. Was does this spring mod do exactly? Just cause the accel pump to spring back faster?

I think ur idel is to low and that's ur problem if its ideling to low when you go strait to WOT it looses all back presure and will throw all the fuel out the intake insted of into the intake

How fast do these things idle? When its first starts up it hard to keep it at idle I have to turn it up then once it gets warmed it high and have to turn it down. I don't think its the idle, I am thinking it along the pilot jet, needle jet I read another post where they said if it doesn't go WOT got down with the needle jet, but also said they could have been way lean. I wonder if that 136 jet is right maybe it could be jetted wrong but it ran fine till I messed with it.

It did the last time out this past sat, it would pop a some on decell but wouldn't if you run hard then slow down to idle, if you rev it up hard a couple times then let come back down to idle it doesn't pop or sputter.

Its running a tad leal on the main but I think ur problem is that its not ideled high enough try idleing up a tad an see if that fixes it

Ok will try the idle tomorrow its getting dark now don't think the neighbors will like that.

Well still haveing issues, I found if I cover the carb up with my hand and just let a tad bit open it will rev up from idle, so that means its running lean right or the needle jet is set lean. I tried to move the jet to the top first notch and it would start and idle but touch the throttle and it dies, so I moved it to the next notch down the 2nd and tried it but by then my batt is going dead or something or the solenoid is giving me problems, but I think the batt is going dead from the cranking and not much running.

I still need ideas as what it could be. I can go this weekend and get some main jets to try those its got a 136 main in it now, or would be the pilot that should be changed? I am also if moveing the needle jet up and down doesn't work I am going to remove the clicker pen spring put that back stock and see what that does.

Ok will give that a go once I get a battery charger and get my batt charged to try again. This darn thing is starting to piss me off, maybe I should have just left the effing thing alone.

Lol its just getting the kinks out of it everyone has the begining problems with bikes that were just rebuilt or have been setting a while

But thats just it, it was running fine a couple Saturdays ago when we took it out and rode the piss out of it. And since I got smart and wanted to check everything over and find dirt and dust inside the airbox from a missing screw got me worried so off comes the carb and now its pulling this stunt.

Yea I thought of that before and wanted to use some seafoam. But seeing all that dirt and dust in the airbox was afraid it got into the carb or something and b-12 or seafoam wouldn't clean that out.

evr since i rebuilt mine its been pissy as hell with temperature changes, which we have a lot here in michigan couple weekends ago we almost hit 90 and yester day we had hail and tornado warnings. and my warrior decided it was gonna bog some int he low end lol.

you coulda just pulled it off and drained some gass threw it to clean what you cant get atby hand,

Back