Not Running Right

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleykid12

Reaction score
Hi guys. My warrior is acting strange. I can take it out and hold it wide open and it'll hit high rpm's no problem. I go to do it again and it runs really sluggish and wont hit the high rpms. I have already had the carb rebuilt professionally but I'm not sure what else it could be. Any help? Thanks

Do you have any aftermarket performance parts on your warrior? Stuff like filter, exhaust, carb, etc.

Well, I use the warrior for nothing but drag racing and the old filter was junk so i striped the prefilter of and just use the screen. And i removed the spark arrestor from the factory muffler. Those are the extent of my mods though

I have tried with the stock jet and a 150 main and it does the same thing.

So to make it run good again, do you have to cool the engine off? I have heard of an issue where the stator goes out of spec once the engine heats up, causing some weird issues that only appear when the engine is hot. The check for this, you need to ohm the stator both cold and hot, and see if it stays within spec.

Well actually i run better times when it is warm. like if i take it and make 3 passes in a row the 3rd will be the fastest. If i let it sit and col of it slows down again. but just testing it here heat doesn't make a difference, it comes and goes with the symptoms as it pleases.

I was running it on the roads around my house. (they aren't travelled much) and are nice for testing it. but anyhow. still does it. hot or cold. is there a possibility it could be a bad coil? or maybe i need to adjust the needle position? thanks.

Back